Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Way OT, but still local: Bobby Knight dies

NewColtsFan

My old man was a huge Indiana basketball fan and Bobby Knight fan. My old man looked like Bobby Knight as well. I remember kids in the stores would tell their parents and point at my father. Look there's Bobby Knight!! 

I'm a former Boilermaker Alumni and I have missed Bob Knight every since leaving Indiana basketball. RIP Mr. Basketball you will never be forgotten and will always be a Indiana legend.

On 11/10/2023 at 8:46 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He wasn't doing well for around the last 3 or 4 years but still hard to believe he passed away. He seemed bigger than life, especially here in Indiana.

He was a great coach and kept his players in school, which I appreciated. Rest in peace.

It has been nearly two weeks since his passing and I am just learning of this. SMH. None of the news feeds that I get (Yahoo Sports, the Athletic, and others) included this news.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• The Pacers should draft Lebrons kid if he is available in the second round.  
    • Cardinals have won 4 in a row over the Giants and Braves.  i am now hoping to win the series against Atlanta tonight and go for a sweep tomorrow.   Seems unlikely but you never know. Gotta face maybe the Braves best starter tonight.  Lopez with a 1.57 ERA.  It sure would be nice to win at least 1 against the Braves in the next 2 nights.  After that series they have 4 against the Reds and 3 against the Pirates so we can expect them to beat each other up.    
    • I have reactivated the league.  Who's back in this year? @Lucky Colts Fan @buccolts @WarGhost21 @Yoshinator @VikingsFanInChennai @crazycolt1 @IndyD4U    Going to get this started early, lock in the dates. I will correct my mistakes, I will be clear on when the draft is so no-one is confused and no spousal trades. Are there any other variations for rules anyone cares to put up to a vote this year?   Thanks for being a part of this league and if anyone is reading this who isn't a part of it now, let me know if you're interested in joining so I can offer any open spots.
    • I haven’t seen the comps you speak of.     I know most projections seem high.  Football outsiders does an annual projection either just before or just after the draft.  I think Liatu was projected with the most sacks and the number was basically 6 sacks.      I suspect Liatu was picked in part because he’s an inch taller and roughly 20 pounds heavier than Turner.  And I suspect the new DL coach, who I love, had strong input to the selection.     
  • Members

• krunk

krunk 8,436

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,542

• JlynRN

JlynRN 1,002

• lester

lester 302

• IinD

IinD 4,526

• Dunk