Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Caleb Williams bypass the ‘24 draft?

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Take a look st Williams stats when he plays a good D. It is not good. He hangs on to the ball to long and relies on his arm and atheltism to get out of trouble. I still beleive Maye goes number one and Williams just screams bust to me.

IMO….

It all depends on who gets the top picks in next years draft.   Does the team want more of a pocket passer (Maye) or a more mobile QB (Williams)?   

Could Williams be a bust?   Sure.   But I wouldn’t rush to judge that.   Quarterback is THE HARDEST position in all of sports to judge.   I’d want to hold off on that decision until as late in the process as possible.  Next April.  More data to evaluate is always better than less. 

Hope this is food for thought…

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

IMO….

It all depends on who gets the top picks in next years draft.   Does the team want more of a pocket passer (Maye) or a more mobile QB (Williams)?   

Could Williams be a bust?   Sure.   But I wouldn’t rush to judge that.   Quarterback is THE HARDEST position in all of sports to judge.   I’d want to hold off on that decision until as late in the process as possible.  Next April.  More data to evaluate is always better than less. 

Hope this is food for thought…

I know people are all over him but by the time the dust qsettles. It wouldn't surprise me if he was the 4th guy taken.