Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp day 5 8/1

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is really important to remember with these early training camps when it comes to Richardson struggling. They will eventually start  repeating plays in camp and that’s when you hope to see growth.

That's another reason I would want Minshew to start over Richardson. Minshew knows Steichen's offensive phrasing and how he likes an offense run. This helps the other players learn when he's the starter. It's alot harder to implement a new offense with a rookie QB. When the offensive starters know their jobs it makes it easier for a rookie QB.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• How to beat the Texans and every other team? With a stick!
    • Colts are blessed to have such a great owner !
    • Okay, I know this is a Mr. Obvious post, but bear with me.  What else do you have to do during the dead season, lol?   As a Buckeye, I appreciate how good CJ Stroud is.  In MHO CJ had better WRs and RBs when he was at THE OSU than he has in Houston.   So how did TTUN beat us (bad) two years in a row when he was in Columbus?  Simple, their Offense was way better than our Defense.   Bottom line - the Colts D doesn't have to be great.  Average will be good enough - IF the Colts offense is as good as we think it could be and play ball control, has extended drives, and limits the other teams possessions.  And maybe that's the plan considering Ballard not being too concerned with improving the DB rooms.   (Sure, it would be nice to have a great D.  No argument there)    
    • Hey Everyone,   So, I just caught wind of Goodson's apology letter after dropping that short pass from Minshew against the Texans last season. Here's my humorous take on the situation:   "Dear Fans, Coaches, Teammates, and Supporters,   I'm writing to apologize for buttering up that short pass in the most critical moment against the Texans. Look, I know I'm the backup running back, but hey, I'm usually good for catching those short throws - emphasis on 'usually'. My bad for turning a routine play into a blooper reel moment.   To my teammates, sorry for making you wonder if I was secretly playing for the other team. Next time, I'll practice catching more than just footballs thrown by the water boy.   To the coaches, maybe let's reconsider throwing short passes to guys who have hands that are more slippery than a greased pig at the county fair. Just a suggestion.   And to the fans, thanks for turning my drop into a meme. I promise to work on my catching skills so I can make highlights, not lowlights, next season.   Sincerely, Goodson (aka the running back who should stick to running)"   Okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit, but you get the gist. Let's hope Goodson has been hitting those catching drills hard this offseason!
  • Members

• richard pallo

richard pallo 9,139

• Archer

Archer 1,801

• Smonroe

Smonroe 6,306

• ShuteAt168

ShuteAt168 974

• Solid84

Solid84 6,888

• Hooch