Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

60 days until kickoff

I’m just Jones’n for some football!  The other day I started watching the replay of the last SB.  My wife asked why I was watching a non-Colts rerun.  

I told her I was watching more for the Eagles play calling than anything else.  The Colts aren’t the Eagles and AR is certainly no Jalen Hurts right now.  But how far off are we really, and how long before we get there.  On offense. 

Defense is another story.  Between Leonard’s uncertainty and the lack of experience in the secondary, and anyone’s guess if we’ll have a pass rush… offense better be scoring a lot of points.  

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I’m just Jones’n for some football!  The other day I started watching the replay of the last SB.  My wife asked why I was watching a non-Colts rerun.  

I told her I was watching more for the Eagles play calling than anything else.  The Colts aren’t the Eagles and AR is certainly no Jalen Hurts right now.  But how far off are we really, and how long before we get there.  On offense. 

Defense is another story.  Between Leonard’s uncertainty and the lack of experience in the secondary, and anyone’s guess if we’ll have a pass rush… offense better be scoring a lot of points.  

my guess is our young defense starts out bad and gets pretty good towards the end of the year 

the main difference will be our outside corners. 

which, if you think about it, how much different will it be? We had Facyson out there a decent bit. I'm sure rush and brents will end up doing at least as good or better than Facyson did

11 hours ago, AKB said:

my guess is our young defense starts out bad and gets pretty good towards the end of the year 

the main difference will be our outside corners. 

which, if you think about it, how much different will it be? We had Facyson out there a decent bit. I'm sure rush and brents will end up doing at least as good or better than Facyson did

I was going to say that’s setting the bar low.   But let’s not forget that Facyson had more snaps than Rodgers.  Which I have to assume the coaches thought he was better.  Now we don’t have either.  

I think you’re right though, there’s a lot of athleticism at the corners, and you can only get experience by playing.   I won’t mind if it takes time.

7 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I was going to say that’s setting the bar low.   But let’s not forget that Facyson had more snaps than Rodgers.  Which I have to assume the coaches thought he was better.  Now we don’t have either.  

I think you’re right though, there’s a lot of athleticism at the corners, and you can only get experience by playing.   I won’t mind if it takes time.

yeah just setting the bar low since they are rookies. 

Our defense actually did good last year. I'm just excited to see colts football again, im actually excited about the younger roster. 

got a bad feeling about Leonard. I don't think he will ever be the same. 

Game themes were announced this week - except for one game in October.

A "special announcement" will be made next Monday - July 17th.

My humble opinion is that it will be the "Ring of Honor" game - and - that this year's inductee will be either Dallas Clark or Adam Vinatieri.

Keeping fingers crossed!!

Archived