Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF - Chase Young - Colts One of five teams that should trade for him

I was skimming thru youtube last night and saw this 

(They thought that the Bears and Steelers would be the best fit)

One of the other Colts podcasts also touted a move that the Colts should take a swing

Its a quiet time before the season...... so why not?...... We will only see another 50 posts like this with a 

fill in the blank player to trade for  :)

He wasnt offered the 5th year option and its believed that he is available for a trade

He was defensive rookie of the year then has been nicked since

He also had 16 1/2 sacks at Ohio State his last year

I can see the pros and cons, but our pass rush is very putrid......

AND....... it appears we will be starting 1 or 2 rookie CBs (A good pass  rush helps new CBs greatly)

If this is legit......  A risky move but a 2nd would be worth a pick

What say you?

Wow good question. By the numbers a 2nd would be too much, but there is no reason for Washington to part with him for less. 

If there was full confidence in his health then yes, but that is a mighty big if. Actually it's so big we have to put it in caps: IF. Declining the 5th year option only gives the Colts 1 year but they could still tag him if he had a big production year. 

I would still be surprised if Washington makes the move. While a 2nd round pick is nice, if Chase came to Indy or anywhere and put up 16 sacks it would look horrible for the new franchise owners. If he stayed there and didn't put up numbers that warranted an extension they could just blame it on Snyder(for which there is much to blame). 

• Like 1