Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign UDFA's

Barry Sears

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Can’t help but notice that one of the undrafted WRs got # 9 (Cody Crest).  That is also Foles’ listed #.  Can’t have two of them on offense…. - Foles moving?

In "my humble opinion" - the Colts are waiting until the date that they can release Foles (and probably Mo Ali-Cox) in order to get the best salary cap advantage.

Additionally - "IF" Foles were to stick & stay for 2023 - the undrafted WR would have to give up #9 to the veteran.

Lots of #'s will "change hands" on the final cutdown date.

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Can’t help but notice that one of the undrafted WRs got # 9 (Cody Crest).  That is also Foles’ listed #.  Can’t have two of them on offense…. - Foles moving?

Ah, thank you very much!

The Colts have also signed 7 of their draft picks.   The four in R5,  the one in R6, and the two in R7. 

It’s up on the main page of the website, but since few here go to the front page, the news is basically hiding in plain sight.   So I thought I’d share the news, such as it is. 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is such a odd story. Hard to believe a guy who played for Alabama didn’t get drafted. People with medical concerns get drafted all the time.

Medical concerns are unique to each team.   It’s typically left to the team doctor and the owner.   They’d get sued if you draft/sign them and something goes wrong.   But if cleared by those two, THEN it’s up to the GM.   

But every team is different.  

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Medical concerns are unique to each team.   It’s typically left to the team doctor and the owner.   They’d get sued if you draft/sign them and something goes wrong.   But if cleared by those two, THEN it’s up to the GM.   

But every team is different.  

From what I understand it was a knee. Nothing like heart or anything like that. 40 starts for Alabama and going undrafted  is weird. Maybe he will be a unstaffed guy to make the team or maybe future RG.

Archived