Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston Drafting Top Defender at No. 2 Scenario

Houston having 2 firsts this year and 2 firsts next year. What if Houston values Williams or Mayes QB next year as the better option? Houston goes Anderson, Wilson or Carter… at #2 (Ryan’s a Defensive Head Coach) Young or Stroud falls to #3… 

If you have doubts about this class then 100% take BPA and go next year. Williams and Maye sound like the best options since T-Law. (I dont watch CFB so have no idea really).
I'm also not opposed to Colts doing the same thing. But you really do luck into the #1 or #2 pick. Look at Chicago this year. They were a good team that just happened to lose most of their games. And the Texans were a horrible team who just happened to win 1 too many.

18 hours ago, RNGDShobby said:

If you have doubts about this class then 100% take BPA and go next year. Williams and Maye sound like the best options since T-Law. (I dont watch CFB so have no idea really).
I'm also not opposed to Colts doing the same thing. But you really do luck into the #1 or #2 pick. Look at Chicago this year. They were a good team that just happened to lose most of their games. And the Texans were a horrible team who just happened to win 1 too many.

2006 draft Mario Williams… 

This would be very smart for them to do. And there is no pressure on their new, defensive-guru HC to find the solution to their franchise QB conundrum this year. Build your team this year (D-line, OT/OL, WR, TE), and pick your QB next year. Even if they don't do horrible in 2023, they can package their two first round picks next year to trade down and have a chance to pick someone better than their QB choices this year. 

Archived