Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SBorBust85 Colts Draft (Last one till the REAL one!)

1st- Andrew Luck (This pick has already been made known.)

2nd- Indy trades down with KC Chiefs (Indy gets KC's 44th and 4th round picks in return)

-Indy selects OG Kevin Zeitler with the 44th pick.(Zeitler gives them a tough physical OG they need to make this OL complete. Both Joe Reitz and Winston Justice are RTs in my eyes, therefore we have a hole at the other OG spot opposite Ijalana. Plus I think Grigson loves Big Ten guys and OL from Wisconsin usually pan out.)

3rd- CB Trumaine Johnson (We have brought him in for workouts, and I could see us taking him instead of bringing in Janoris Jenkins due to Jenkins off field issues. Grigson said in his press conference he wants guys you dont have to worry about when they are not being watched. Dont get me wrong, Id love to have Jenkins, but unless we can keep him in line, he could be suspended frequently. Trumaine has good talent and is very athletic for a 6-2 205 pound CB. Pagano can mold him into a very good starter.)

4th- TE Ladarius Green (If we dont get TE Coby Fleener, this is the guy I want us to target. Green has great size, just needs to add more muscle and he could be a Jimmy Graham type TE.)

4th(via trade)- WR Joe Adams (Gives us an explosive weapon at WR who will be great for screens and could be used similar to Percy Harvin in Minn.)

5th- ILB James Michael Johnson (Gives us good depth and potential starter alongside Pat Angerer.)

5th(comp)- NT Akiem Hicks (Splits time with McKinney)

6th(comp)- TE James Hanna (We needed another TE since we lost both Clark and Tamme.)

7th- CB Dequan Menzie (Depth pick at CB.)

7th (comp)- WR Griff Walen (Familiarity with Luck.)

Yes, but no, look at the roster, we need starters at TE, OG, NT.

1. Andrew Luck, QB

2. BPA

This way no one will fight, this roster needs all the talent it can get

3. Alameda Taamu, NT

Or Josh Chapman, Grigson needs to get a starter at NT somewhere between round 2 and 4

4. Orson Charles, TE

Starter at TE

5. Tommy Streeter, WR

Or Ryan Broyles, Dale Moss. He can learn behind Reggie for a few years

5. DeQuan Menzie, CB

Depth

6. Gino Gradkowski, OL

Depth

7. Joe Long, OL

Depth

7. Miles Burris, OLB

Depth

7. Chris Owusi, WR

Deep threat

All the players listed as depth can become starters at some point

1st- Andrew Luck (This pick has already been made known.)

2nd- Indy trades down with KC Chiefs (Indy gets KC's 44th and 4th round picks in return)

OG Kevin Zeitler

CB Trumaine Johnson

TE Ladarius Green

WR Joe Adams

ILB James Michael Johnson

NT Akiem Hicks

TE James Hanna

CB Dequan Menzie

WR Griff Walen

To me T. Johnson looks more like a free safety than a true cornerback. I think at the next level he will have trouble staying with #1 and #2 receivers in the league. He's not a bad pick in the 3rd round, but I think there might be better guys on your board there. L. Green is not a bad pick in the 4th. I think he will be good but not great. I think you're drafting this guy for what he may become in the NFL because I'm not sure his college productivity translates.

I like Joe Adams in your mock and I would hope he's there in the 4th. The guy is small like Harrison and fast like him too. He's also a good slot receive and with Collie's concussion history it would be nice to put depth in the slot position.