Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Charlie Weis teaches his players how to celebrate

ReMeDy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/video-charlie-weis-thinks-kansas-needs-celebrations-135041036.html

Ex-Chiefs OC, Charlie Weis, believes his new Kansas college players are so bad, they don't even know how to celebrate. After practice, he had a kicker kick a pretend game-winning FG to simulate how winning should feel like. The kicker missed the first one, yet all the players ran out to celebrate! Whoops, so Charlie sends them back to the sidelines to try again. The kicker then makes the second one, but the celebrations are so timid, Charlie gets enraged and has them go back to the sidelines and try it again.

The team is the worst in the nation in total defense, scoring defense and among the worst in passing offense and total offense, so Charlie is going to have his work cut out for him.

http://sports.yahoo....-135041036.html

Ex-Chiefs OC, Charlie Weis, believes his new Kansas college players are so bad, they don't even know how to celebrate. After practice, he had a kicker kick a pretend game-winning FG to simulate how winning should feel like. The kicker missed the first one, yet all the players ran out to celebrate! Whoops, so Charlie sends them back to the sidelines to try again. The kicker then makes the second one, but the celebrations are so timid, Charlie gets enraged and has them go back to the sidelines and try it again.

The team is the worst in the nation in total defense, scoring defense and among the worst in passing offense and total offense, so Charlie is going to have his work cut out for him.

Living near South Bend like I do I had to suffer through the years at Notre Dame so this doesn't surprise me. I'm not a coach but if I wanted to motivate a team, I'd teach them how to win, not how to act when you finally do win.

I'm not a coach but if I wanted to motivate a team, I'd teach them how to win, not how to act when you finally do win.

Exactly. This sounds so ridiculous that I find it hard to believe. Weiss couldn't have gotten this far with that silly approach. Unless he's been waiting for years for the opportunity to do EVERYTHING differently than that Belichick guy. "What does HE know anyway."