Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baker Mayfield to the Panthers

Superman

Baker is simply not a top 16 qb in the league=top half. A team needs one to have a punchers chance at winning a SB. Colts could've traded for Baker easily but passed. Matt Ryan was the better choice based on leadership and durability. Matt is also a top half of the league qb still. Baker is immature and still has a lot to prove. 

53 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It's almost unbelievable. No other team would give up more for Mayfield? Is he injured? Has he been in trouble with the law? It is surprising that Cleveland gave up on him so soon. 

I would have given up a better pick for him to replace Kirk Cousins. 

Well I had been meaning to ask you what your thoughts were on Kirk Cousins extension, but I guess this post says it all.

Replace Cousins with Mayfield? Wow.

To answer your questions above. Yeah he has been dealing with injuries, he has been in trouble with the law(see Oklahoma incident) and his team(Browns) said they were looking to get an adult in the QB room(something to that effect)

Cousins is probably going to have the best year of his career this season.

Nobody wanted Mayfield, Panthers just took a flyer on  him for essentially nothing.

Seattle was willing to just roll with Drew Lock.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Well I had been meaning to ask you what your thoughts were on Kirk Cousins extension, but I guess this post says it all.

To answer your questions above. Yeah he has been dealing with injuries, he has been in trouble with the law(see Oklahoma incident) and his team(Browns) said they were looking to get an adult in the QB room(something to that effect)

Nobody wanted Mayfield, Panthers just took a flyer on  him for essentially nothing.

I would definitely take Kirk Cousins over Mayfield, I would take Cousins over Tannehill or Wentz as well, Cousins makes my top 16 going into this year. Had we had Cousins last season we would've made the playoffs IMO. Is Cousins a top 10 QB, NO, but I have him in the above average to good category = top half of the league. When he had guys like Diggs and Rudolph, the Vikings beat the Saints in the playoffs at New Orleans.

11 hours ago, w87r said:

We were all expecting the Cousins extension. It was necessary to free up cap space. We have had to do this the last couple of years. He has the Vikes wrapped around his finger. It was a bad contract. I was a big fan of GM Rick Spielman but the Cousins acquisition led to his downfall.

I did not say Mayfield was better. But he is younger, less expensive and he plays like he wants to win. It is easier to get rid of less expensive players who are not helping a team win. We are not winning anything with Cousins and he is not bad enough to help us get the #1 pick.

I have been a fan for 30 years, but the highest we have picked during that time was 4th. I want to draft a QB in the top 3 picks in the draft.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

We were all expecting the Cousins extension. It was necessary to free up cap space. We have had to do this the last couple of years. He has the Vikes wrapped around his finger. It was a bad contract. I was a big fan of GM Rick Spielman but the Cousins acquisition led to his downfall.

I did not say Mayfield was better. But he is younger, less expensive and he plays like he wants to win. It is easier to get rid of less expensive players who are not helping a team win. We are not winning anything with Cousins and he is not bad enough to help us get the #1 pick.

I have been a fan for 30 years, but the highest we have picked during that time was 4th. I want to draft a QB in the top 3 picks in the draft.

The Vikings have a had a ton lf picks the last few years. More than enough capital to move up. I know it wouldn't make much sense with Cousins still in place. Drafting a QB in the top 3 doesn't guarantee anything though.

I was hoping during my absence you had started to come around towards Cousins, especially after little mini extension and support from new HC. Respect your conviction though when it comes to Cousins. Still don't agree, but that's ok. 

I do think with Zimmer gone, this year will be a good one for the Vikings.

Archived