Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 2021 season

2006Coltsbestever

We have had our ups and downs but a win over the Jags gets us into the tournament. We are all Colts fans in here, I consider you guys/gals family in here despite some people I get on for criticizing our team. We all just want to win, same goal.

We will beat the Jags and then the real season starts. Question, who do you want the Colts to play 1st?  Also do you think Wentz is a franchise QB, if you say no I won't get upset, that is your opinion. 

I think let’s evaluate Wentz at the end of NEXT season, hopefully with him having an extra reliable passing option in the mix too.

so far though I think he has the ability to be our QB and can win a SB with him. People get on him too much for a single mistake. Other QBs make mistakes too guys, and on balance Wentz has been waaaaay more good than bad.

don’t ever discount the jags against us though, they usually play us close despite their record most of the time, and I’m sure they’d love to play spoiler to us.

The Pats just dropped 50 on the Jags! Division or not if this Colts team is dangerous as everyone feels you go in and smash them PERIOD! Go in very AGGRESSIVE on both sides of the ball and leave no doubt. The Jags are a BAD team and IF the Colts can't top them with EVERYTHING on the line then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Wentz definitely needs more weapons on offense before a true evaluation can be made plus he can benefit from some better playcalling. I say 2 more top flight receivers (speed/hands) with at least one having some size and a dynamic te. You pair that with JT and keep Hines on the field also as a Sproles type and this offense would be very hard to deal with.

Now do I believe Frank is capable of running a sophisticated offense NO but he is MORE than capable as hc. As hc I think he's top 10 but as a playcaller he's way too BASIC. His offense is from a lost era. JT is very talented as evident with his college numbers so Frank is NOT changing the wheel with his "run attack" offense. I would bet if JT was with one of the young gun "new age" offensive coaches JT would be a bigger threat because he would be schemed more to gain open field mismatches.

The team is definitely headed in the right direction but some tweaks are needed.

Archived