Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Extreme Weather Conditions

sb41champs

The Indianapolis Colts have played two memorable games in monsoon-like conditions: once in Super Bowl XLI and once vs the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday Night Football - which were both wins.

Have YOU ever been a "fan in the stands" during any type of extreme weather conditions - regardless of stadium and/or opponents?

6 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

Have YOU ever been a "fan in the stands" during any type of extreme weather conditions - regardless of stadium and/or opponents?

With a hangover, the fluorescent lights in the RCA Dome would kind of get to you.  

I have experienced TWO extreme weather conditions:

1.  Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami (before the canopy was added) watching the Dolphins play the Raiders.  Monsoon like conditions similar to Super Bowl XLI and in the same stadium.

2.  Lambeau Field in Green Bay watching the Dolphins play the Packers.  Early season storm dumped a bunch of snow in the bowl.  Our tickets were on the aluminum bleachers - which was like sitting on a block of ice.  I don't know HOW MANY cups of hot cocoa I had - but - I seriously considered dumping it on my seat and then quickly sitting down because I was freezing my butt off.

Near miss:

3.  Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati.  I had tickets - but - decided NOT to be "stupid is as stupid does" and stayed home instead of going to see the Dolphins play the Bengals in the "Ice Bowl - Part Deux".

Archived