Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shaquill Griffin

Sticking with the Seahawks, Griffin is another player who I would welcome to the Colts.

Probably get a contract like Fuller did, 4 years $40 million.  With $23.5 million in guarantees of which $13.5 million fully guaranteed at signing with a $12.5 million signing bonus.

Thoughts?

42 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Is Griffin even that good to deserve that contract? Haven’t watched too many Seahawks games, but I know they’re defense was atrocious last season and I never heard of him being the one of the few bright spots on the D.

Hopefully someone has more insight on Griffin.  Would say stat-wise he has proven to be very good a defending passes and has the hands for interceptions.  Griffin didn't grade out that well this year compared to last but as a LCB he would be an immediate upgrade over Rock at this point in their careers imo.  Doubt the Seahawks will let him go without without raising the price.

3 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Hopefully someone has more insight on Griffin.  Would say stat-wise he has proven to be very good a defending passes and has the hands for interceptions.  Griffin didn't grade out that well this year compared to last but as a LCB he would be an immediate upgrade over Rock at this point in their careers imo.  Doubt the Seahawks will let him go without without raising the price.

Yeah in 2022 it’s ABR: Anyone But Rock. He can not start at corner for us again.

3 hours ago, OhioColt said:

4/40 seems high, especially given the cap constraints most teams will be working with this year.

By PFF coverage grade, Griffin was the #46 CB in 2020 (64.8). That was a step down from 2019, where he had a 76 grade but better than his mediocre 2018 grade (51.9). 2019 looks like an outlier at this point.

I do like him as a fit for Eberflus’ defense — he’s big, long, and a really good athlete (96 SPARQ with a 4.38 40 at 194 pounds). He played safety in college and I think he might unlock some potential playing off and coming downhill in a cover-2 versus pressing at the line in a cover-3.

Archived