Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Red Zone Woes Part 1: Pre-stat opinions

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

on what

I predict a dramatic drop in RB pass catching proficiency next year, especially JT regardless of who we get unless it's Tom Brady.

We could measure it simply by Rb pass proficiency numbers.  Catch percentage, PFF grade.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rivers lack of mobility limiting the playbook?    The field is already so small...so not being able to stretch horizontally definitely doesn’t help. Also, Rivers doesn’t really have a cannon to

So I don't have the knowledge to add much to the discussion, but it's nice to see 3 posters 'going at it', when they clearly don't have consensus but are discussing this in wholesome and mostly respec

Honestly I am at a loss on the whys. Because last year with JB we were pretty good in the redzone. Lacl of execution and beating your man vs last year? 

13 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I predict a dramatic drop in RB pass catching proficiency next year, especially JT regardless of who we get unless it's Tom Brady.

We could measure it simply by Rb pass proficiency numbers.  Catch percentage, PFF grade.

Wentz threw for 700+ to RBs in 2019. Fitzmagic would throw a lot to RBs too. Darnold threw a lot to Bell last year. Stafford 600ish to RBs. None had 2 guys like Hines and Taylor. Reich's system is more focused on RBs too. 

Really it's just a gamble on who the QB is. If we got Wentz, I'd be tempted to take the bet. We don't have really a lot of deep threat WRs either, unless we grab one in the draft, or Campbell stays healthy. I'd really only be worried if we started JB, Eason, or a drafted rook.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Wentz threw for 700+ to RBs in 2019. Fitzmagic would throw a lot to RBs too. Darnold threw a lot to Bell last year. Stafford 600ish to RBs. None had 2 guys like Hines and Taylor. Reich's system is more focused on RBs too. 

Really it's just a gamble on who the QB is. If we got Wentz, I'd be tempted to take the bet. We don't have really a lot of deep threat WRs either, unless we grab one in the draft, or Campbell stays healthy. I'd really only be worried if we started JB, Eason, or a drafted rook.

I'd be willing to bet that anyone we'd get would be less proficient than PR.  I hold that thought and revisit it later.