Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat McAfee Ballin'

RollerColt

13 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Physically he could still do it at least in the short term but I guess long term his body doesn't hold up anymore.  I guess he had a try-out about a year ago and that went well but his knee "blew up" afterwards. 

Yeah, I'd say he's probably too far removed from the game to actually do anything. Still cool to see him being active though. I'd love to have half the health he has!

59 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Physically he could still do it at least in the short term but I guess long term his body doesn't hold up anymore.  I guess he had a try-out about a year ago and that went well but his knee "blew up" afterwards. 

At least three knee surgeries in four years  says a lot as far as his retirement too. He took a lot of grief from some in this forum because they thought he walked away to become a comedian. 

19 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

At least three knee surgeries in four years  says a lot as far as his retirement too. He took a lot of grief from some in this forum because they thought he walked away to become a comedian. 

Maybe not a comedian but there is good evidence that he walked away in part to do something else.  (Obviously media related stuff).

I'm not sure where I heard him say it but I do remember hearing him say that his last training camp was the first one where he wasn't excited to go to camp and I believe he implied part of that was because he was enjoying the other stuff he was doing too much.

As far as grief, it's his choice if he wants to do something else for a living. 

5 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Maybe not a comedian but there is good evidence that he walked away in part to do something else.  (Obviously media related stuff).

I'm not sure where I heard him say it but I do remember hearing him say that his last training camp was the first one where he wasn't excited to go to camp and I believe he implied part of that was because he was enjoying the other stuff he was doing too much.

As far as grief, it's his choice if he wants to do something else for a living. 

Pat also brought up the issue of the pain medications and how he didn't want to resume his career under the influence of having to have them to just play. He stated there were times when he couldn't even walk. 

The thing is with Pat he wasn't only a punter, he was a football player.