Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Gordon, QB, Washington St

Ok.......  Where the Fricken Frick did HE come from???

The kid has great field vision and an EXTREMELY quick release to go with his strong arm and excellent touch

(At least from this clips and others that YOU MADE ME RESEARCH.... DAMN YOU! :))

He is now on MY radar......  I will be watching for more

He will need to put some weight on

....... Maybe I need to watch more College Football than THE AWESOME

OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Ok.......  Where the Fricken Frick did HE come from???

The kid has great field vision and an EXTREMELY quick release to go with his strong arm and excellent touch

(At least from this clips and others that YOU MADE ME RESEARCH.... DAMN YOU! :))

He is now on MY radar......  I will be watching for more

He will need to put some weight on

....... Maybe I need to watch more College Football than THE AWESOME

OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

He was stuck behind Gardner Mishnew last season. He has much better downfield vision than Brissett.

I agree he definitely needs to put on weight. 

when Thee Ohio State is that good it's hard not to watch 'em :D

• Like 1

I'm following that guy since 2 weeks. Like what i see. But I'm not sure how to rate their opponents.

He is projected a day 3 or late day 2 pick at the moment. 

As I wrote in another thread, IF the QB Ballard likes isn't there anymore when we pick in the 1st,would you mind taking a shot at him in the 3rd or 4th round? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

I'm following that guy since 2 weeks. Like what i see. But I'm not sure how to rate their opponents.

As I wrote in another thread, IF the QB Ballard likes isn't there anymore when we pick in the 1st,would you mind taking a shot at him in the 3rd or 4th round? 

I am sure he will get an invite to combine. IF he continues, he could be pushed earlier than 4th

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

I would use a 3rd Rd pick on him. I've seen an Up-arrow next to his name on some draft sites, so if he balls out at Combine or Senior Bowl it could push him Waaaay up the board

6 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Look at what USC's QB has done granted he has very good WR's but very Impressive for a Freshman.

I agree. I've watched Slovis during games as well as in Highlights. He is already a good QB!  With 2 more seasons he will probably be a top-5 pick

4 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I just hope if they Keep Helton he isn't stupid and goes back to Daniels cause he blows.

Colin Cowherd said something earlier today about USC keeping Helton. I know Slovis wasn't consistent all the time, but he showed that he's a very good QB that needs reps under center in order to hone his skills. Idk if Daniels sucks, but Slovis definitely needs to be the starter moving forward.

3 hours ago, DarkHorseColts said:

Can anyone verify if this is correct or not?

edited: guess the upload process shrunk the pic so it's unreadable. Rotorworld lists Gordon's DOB as 1/1/1990, making him 29 years old?

gordo.JPG

I don't think that's accurate. Come on now, a 29 year old senior? lol. I just watched some tape on this guy. He has a great arm, great downfield vision, he can scramble out the pocket, quick and elusive. He looks more NFL ready than Jordan Love in my opinion.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DarkHorseColts said:

Can anyone verify if this is correct or not?

edited: guess the upload process shrunk the pic so it's unreadable. Rotorworld lists Gordon's DOB as 1/1/1990, making him 29 years old?

gordo.JPG

He graduated Terra Nova high school in 2015. He's a red shirt senior. He should be 22 or 23

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 8:31 PM, GoColts00 said:

Colin Cowherd said something earlier today about USC keeping Helton. I know Slovis wasn't consistent all the time, but he showed that he's a very good QB that needs reps under center in order to hone his skills. Idk if Daniels sucks, but Slovis definitely needs to be the starter moving forward.

Im a USC fan I watched Daniels last year and the first game this year right before he got hurt he still cant read a defense.

• Like 1

I live in Spokane, close to Pullman. Gordon has better tools than last year's Minshew but Minshew had a leadership presence that elevated the whole team. If Ballard gave Gordon a chance, I think he would do better than Luke Falk, another recent WSU qb.  Given time,  and help from Reich, he could do more than ok.

The question would be......

When would they pull the trigger on a QB.?

I watched a bit of WSU vs WS, and Eason looks like an NFL player as well.

I do think that Gordon is a better long term prospect though.

You cant teach the quick release and accuracy

Does CB go with Brissett as the starter while he develops the next QB?

....... PROBABLY

There appears to be 6-7 QBs coming out that would be an improvement over where we are today.