Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Odd man out at their position.

dodsworth

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

Most were surprised to see him drafted?

I haven't read or seen that anywhere....    Tell was a highly rated talent.   A 5-star kid.   Had a higher draft grade his junior year than his senior year.    That's why he lasted to the 5th round.    But not drafted at all?      Is that what you meant to say or am I misunderstanding?

Sorry I misread part of your post.    My bad.

I’ll have to look back for post draft stuff.  I am going off of memory but he was mentioned in a podcast someone posted from Lance Zierlein and some other guy interviewing Ballard.   Ballard defended the selection in a cavalier way saying Zierlein and the other guy didn’t know.   

I would also have to look up the predraft rankings but I thought he was ranked as a priority free agent in most.   Again going from memory and I could be wrong. 

Bottom line though, the discussion is on who do we think will be cut.  It’s all pure supposition.  My opinion is his transition to cb is too much for him to beat out others this year.   I do hope if he is beaten out that he clears waivers and is on ps.  

Time will....tell.   (Sorry.  So bad.)

2 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I’ll have to look back for post draft stuff.  I am going off of memory but he was mentioned in a podcast someone posted from Lance Zierlein and some other guy interviewing Ballard.   Ballard defended the selection in a cavalier way saying Zierlein and the other guy didn’t know.   

I would also have to look up the predraft rankings but I thought he was ranked as a priority free agent in most.   Again going from memory and I could be wrong. 

Bottom line though, the discussion is on who do we think will be cut.  It’s all pure supposition.  My opinion is his transition to cb is too much for him to beat out others this year.   I do hope if he is beaten out that he clears waivers and is on ps.  

Time will....tell.   (Sorry.  So bad.)

I'll agree with Ballard on Zierlein. Like his personality, but his mocks have sucked, and he's had a plethora of whiffs. 

I suspect Tell was picked up to fit in nickel or dime schemes to start. There's plenty of room for tweeners in that space. 

As far as grades go, Tell graded out higher than all Colts draftees non named Campbell and Ya-Sin on NFL.com (and several of the other stacks).

• Like 1