Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BlueShoe's Winners from Senior Bowl Week

Andy Isabella, WR, UMass

Elite quickness. Needs to remove a few steps from his route, because he sometimes jukes defenders back into good position. There is something special about him. My internal sleeper alert is pinging as loud as possible. He is my favorite player from the Senior Bowl. When I get this feeling about a player, I am almost never wrong. 

Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

He even made the good defensive backs look silly this week.

Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware

Small school kid with elite pedigree and great character. He is a converted corner which shows in his coverage skills. 

Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

When there is not a lot of great quarterback talent around a good quarterback then he shines. That is exactly what Lock did this week. I think Lock is going in the first round. He could go top 15.... Maybe even top 10. 

Hunter Renfrow, WR, Clemson

At Clemson they have a saying... Third and Renfrow. Remember how Cris Carter used to only catch touchdowns? Well Hunter catches 3rd down conversions like no one else in this draft class. He is a stud and he is going to fall in this draft class because he doesn't have super athletic ability and he is only 5'10 and 180 pounds. I'd take him in the 3rd round and be very happy about it. 

Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State

Fluid... Smooth... Small school kid who was a last minute add to the Senior Bowl, and man did he make the most of it! I want to see more, but this kid runs routes as smooth as I've seen from a draft prospect in a long while... I probably haven't seen any prospect run routes this smooth since Reggie Wayne was a prospect. I know that is high praise, but watch this kid run some routes and you will see what I am talking about. 

Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State

He kept showing up and sticking out to me. He might not have the top end speed, but he has elite quickness which allows him to release off the line well. 

Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State

People were calling for Risner to be moved inside.... Those people were wrong! Risner is a right tackle! Let me rephrase that, Risner is a BOSS right tackle. 

Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

He kept showing up all week long. He get's a little grabby and that will need to be coached out of him at the next level, but there is a ton to work with here. 

Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State

I think he is a 4-3 defensive end. I don't think he is an elite pass rusher, but I believe he is a hell of a run defender. 

Charles Omenihu, DL, Texas

He reminds me a lot of Denico Autry. The future of NFL 3-techniques seem to be this 6'5"-6'6" and 270-280'ish mold.

Chuma Edoga, OT, USC

In a draft that's not littered with offensive tackles, Edogo stood out at the Senior Bowl. He is another player who was rumored to be moved inside at the next level, but he showed his worth outside this week. 

Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky

He lit Terry McLaurin up in the game yesterday. I love his intensity and he stood out this week. 

Tyree Jackson, QB, Buffalo

Huge frame with a cannon of an arm. He is working with Jordan Palmer and the results are already showing. This is a sleeper to keep an eye on. Someone is probably going to take this kid on Day 3 and be real happy they did. The only thing I worry about is the track record with 6'7" quarterbacks. Quarterbacks need to make compact throws, and there is not much compact about his long frame. 

Honorable mentions:

Garrett Bradbury, INT-OL, NC State
Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State
Elgton Jenkins, INT-OL, Mississippi State
Chris Lindstrom, INT-OL, Boston College

Drue Tranquill, LB, Notre Dame

Other notable players:

Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn
Terrill Hanks, LB, New Mexico State
Donald Parham, TE, Stetson
Khalen Saunders, INT-DL, Western Illinois
Keelan Doss, WR, UC Davis
David Sills V, WR, West Virginia
Bruce Anderson, RB, North Dakota State
Ryan Finley, QB, NC State
Ryquell Armstead, RB, Temple
Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
Cameron Smith, LB, USC
Dax Raymond, TE, Utah State
Foster Moreau, TE, LSU
Isaiah Buggs, EDGE, Alabama
Renell Wren, INT-DL, Arizona State
Michael Deiter, OT, Wisconsin
Nate Davis, INT-OL, Charlotte
Ben Powers, INT-OL, Oklahoma
Beau Benzschawel, INT-OL, Wisconsin

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Andy Isabella, WR, UMass

Elite quickness. Needs to remove a few steps from his route, because he sometimes jukes defenders back into good position. There is something special about him. My internal sleeper alert is pinging as loud as possible. He is my favorite player from the Senior Bowl. When I get this feeling about a player, I am almost never wrong. 

Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

He even made the good defensive backs look silly this week.

Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware

Small school kid with elite pedigree and great character. He is a converted corner which shows in his coverage skills. 

Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

When there is not a lot of great quarterback talent around a good quarterback then he shines. That is exactly what Lock did this week. I think Lock is going in the first round. He could go top 15.... Maybe even top 10. 

Hunter Renfrow, WR, Clemson

At Clemson they have a saying... Third and Renfrow. Remember how Cris Carter used to only catch touchdowns? Well Hunter catches 3rd down conversions like no one else in this draft class. He is a stud and he is going to fall in this draft class because he doesn't have super athletic ability and he is only 5'10 and 180 pounds. I'd take him in the 3rd round and be very happy about it. 

Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State

Fluid... Smooth... Small school kid who was a last minute add to the Senior Bowl, and man did he make the most of it! I want to see more, but this kid runs routes as smooth as I've seen from a draft prospect in a long while... I probably haven't seen any prospect run routes this smooth since Reggie Wayne was a prospect. I know that is high praise, but watch this kid run some routes and you will see what I am talking about. 

Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State

He kept showing up and sticking out to me. He might not have the top end speed, but he has elite quickness which allows him to release off the line well. 

Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State

People were calling for Risner to be moved inside.... Those people were wrong! Risner is a right tackle! Let me rephrase that, Risner is a BOSS right tackle. 

Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

He kept showing up all week long. He get's a little grabby and that will need to be coached out of him at the next level, but there is a ton to work with here. 

Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State

I think he is a 4-3 defensive end. I don't think he is an elite pass rusher, but I believe he is a hell of a run defender. 

Charles Omenihu, DL, Texas

He reminds me a lot of Denico Autry. The future of NFL 3-techniques seem to be this 6'5"-6'6" and 270-280'ish mold.

Chuma Edoga, INT-OL, USC

In a draft that's not littered with offensive tackles, Edogo stood out at the Senior Bowl. He is another player who was rumored to be moved inside at the next level, but he showed his worth outside this week. 

Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky

He lit Terry McLaurin up in the game yesterday. I love his intensity and he stood out this week. 

Tyree Jackson, QB, Buffalo

Huge frame with a cannon of an arm. He is working with Jordan Palmer and the results are already showing. This is a sleeper to keep an eye on. Someone is probably going to take this kid on Day 3 and be real happy they did. The only thing I worry about is the track record with 6'7" quarterbacks. Quarterbacks need to make compact throws, and there is not much compact about his long frame. 

Honorable mentions:

Garrett Bradbury, INT-OL, NC State
Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State
Elgton Jenkins, INT-OL, Mississippi State
Chris Lindstrom, INT-OL, Boston College

Drue Tranquill, LB, Notre Dame

Other notable players:

Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn
Terrill Hanks, LB, New Mexico State
Donald Parham, TE, Stetson
Khalen Saunders, INT-DL, Western Illinois
Keelan Doss, WR, UC Davis
David Sills V, WR, West Virginia
Bruce Anderson, RB, North Dakota State
Ryan Finley, QB, NC State
Ryquell Armstead, RB, Temple
Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
Cameron Smith, LB, USC
Dax Raymond, TE, Utah State
Foster Moreau, TE, LSU
Isaiah Buggs, EDGE, Alabama
Renell Wren, INT-DL, Arizona State
Michael Deiter, OT, Wisconsin
Nate Davis, INT-OL, Charlotte
Ben Powers, INT-OL, Oklahoma
Beau Benzschawel, INT-OL, Wisconsin

I think Daniel Jones and Keelan Doss both should probably be in the winners category.

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

They are. In the other notable players.

You just quoted it dude. :) 

I seen that, but I thought you had it ordered kind of like they were tier 3, in which case I was suggesting I would put them in the "tier 1 winners".

Just now, esmort said:

I seen that, but I thought you had it ordered kind of like they were tier 3, in which case I was suggesting I would put them in the "tier 1 winners".

They improved their stock. I added context to the players who improved the most on my board. Everyone listed stood out to me though. 

• Like 1

Montez Sweat is a great pass rusher. He's long and fast, and has major athleticism. He had 18.5 TFL and like 11 sacks? this year, and it was in the best conference in the country in terms of opposing NFL talent. 

McLaurin dropped several passes, I worry about that at the next level. Reminds me of the young WR from the Saints (can't remember his name atm).

I tried to tell people about Isabella this fall, and all I got was that he's a small school guy that doesn't play good competition...then he destroyed Georgia and even future-NFLer DeAndre Baker a few times. That game was special. 15 catches for 219 yards and two TDs...that's a Madden video game stat-line. Love that kid, hopefully the Colts take either he or Renfrow in the middle rounds. 

Deebo is slowly replacing Metcalf as my favorite WR in this draft, I'd say they're 1A and 1B, I think both guys will be special players at the next level. If I wasn't so much for the Colts going defense early, I'd love them to grab Metcalf, Samuel, and Isabella/Renfrow lol that would be insane for Luck to have all of that + Ebron and TY.

Great post man, thanks for taking the time. I always enjoy stuff/posts like this. Can never have too much insight when it comes to potential future-Colts. 

• Like 2