Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Elliot 18 carries 87 yards

NannyMcafee

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t mean to be argumentative....

But I don’t know that we held Zeke Elliott to anything.   18 carries and 87 yards is nearly 5 yards per carry.   If the Cowboys had given him three more carries Elliott would’ve had more than 100 yards.

Yes,  a fantastic effort from our defense but I think Dallas helped by not using Zeke more often.

Youre talking about situational football. The reason they had to stop using Elliot was because they didn’t score a TD for 3 and a half  quarters which is when they stopped running. Don’t forget the cowboys have an above average offense and defense. They do have the ability to score points. 

By using this same logic I declare Leonard would have gotten a couple sacks if the we would have been more selective with our blitz packages.

The Colts won situational football today plain and simple, 

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t mean to be argumentative....

But I don’t know that we held Zeke Elliott to anything.   18 carries and 87 yards is nearly 5 yards per carry.   If the Cowboys had given him three more carries Elliott would’ve had more than 100 yards.

Yes,  a fantastic effort from our defense but I think Dallas helped by not using Zeke more often.

I want to understand your position so help me...

You're saying the Cowboys stopped using Zeke because they just decided to stop using him or because using him wasn't working? You are aware that the Cowboys use Zeke more than any other team uses their RBs (30 more carries than Gurley at #2)? 

Your position is, a team that uses their RB more than any other team in the league decided that even though Zeke was effective (per your post) and would continue to be effective they just decided....to...stop....running...him?