Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taking A Defensive Minded Approach As A Backup Plan

Portage Coltfans

dont worry about the peyton haters. they dont see it like we do. what they dont realize is ryan leaf was to be as good if not better then peyton manning remember that? he had outstanding stats. he was going places. so now where is ryan leaf now? and how many years losing did the chargers endure? in the past ten years besides eli manning who really isnt as great as peyton has a #1 overall QB won the superbowl much less made the playoffs? now how many years has a team built by rb's and other positions has made the playoffs much less wont he superbowl? last i checked matt stafford, matt ryan, joe flacco, sam bradford, cam newton, vince young, matt leinart have won 0 superbowls combined and all were supposedly the next greatest QB prospect to come out of college. what makes luck any better?

i agree with you fully id rather keep peyton and add high quality players to key positions that will help us win many superbowls in the near future and if anyonet hinks it cant be done they are kidding themselves. we made the superbowl with no defense and no offensive line and i can bet you we can do it with a defense and offensive line the next few years. to me luck might be a good player but he will never be as great as everyone is saying he is. i can bet you on that.

and I agree with every word you just said brotha

lets see keep peyton and let luck sit and learn the speed of the game and have 3-4 winning seasons then let luck take over and have many more years of winning.

how do you know that we will keep winning when Luck takes over? what if he is not gonna be a good NFL player? what if he gets injured? etc? or even more etc?

dont believe the hype

dont worry about the peyton haters. they dont see it like we do. what they dont realize is ryan leaf was to be as good if not better then peyton manning remember that? he had outstanding stats. he was going places. so now where is ryan leaf now? and how many years losing did the chargers endure? in the past ten years besides eli manning who really isnt as great as peyton has a #1 overall QB won the superbowl much less made the playoffs? now how many years has a team built by rb's and other positions has made the playoffs much less wont he superbowl? last i checked matt stafford, matt ryan, joe flacco, sam bradford, cam newton, vince young, matt leinart have won 0 superbowls combined and all were supposedly the next greatest QB prospect to come out of college. what makes luck any better?

Stafford, Flacco, Ryan have led there team to the playoffs. Cam Newtons only been in the league a year. Not alot of people were sold on Lienhart, which is why he fell in the draft. Oddly enough, Vince Young was picked over Lienhart by Jeff Fisher over the out come of a coin flip. Also, being in our division didnt help Youngs cause, and Kurt Warner really hindered Lienhart, as well as multiple injuries.

And for what its worth, although I don't think you'll use it, it took Manning 9 years to win a Super Bowl, and 6 years to win his first playoff game.....