Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Notes From The Third Day, WED Evening Padded Practice & am Practice

bayone

Notes From The Third Day, WED Evening Padded Practice & am Practice

3 articles PM, 1 AM

Hughes so far each day has blown by the OL showing the speed we had hoped, but yes its rookies and Freeneys spin is destroying Castonzo but some positives seen for him regarding footwork & gewtting back in position, BUT hey its expected for freeney to blow by the rookie

Painter is doing quite well

Tamme cathing bbetter than Clark, Clark dropped pass should of caught but its early in his return after long layoff, no worries

Lacey covering Gonzo quite tightly , Powers shines in coverage

Carter looks strong but no one really trying to tackle him in practice depending who u read good or bad as receiver , didnt try blocking

all recivers doing well save for, Larrone Moore so that's OK

UIDFA LB Moten makes IT on Painter

NEVIS CONSISTENTLY IN BACKFIELD read somewhere forgot what link

Many other tidbits espcially from articles besides stampede blue

A STAMPEDE BLUE NOTE & FOR HIM TO SAY PAINTER DOING WELL IS RARE

My link

18 to 88

says cant blame Carter for fumbkle Freeney hit him immeduiately as got football as soon as he span around Castonzo

My link

Coltzilla VERY DETAILED ON EACH PLAYER & lists the 1st, 2nd teams etc

My link

PHIL B says Rookie Freeney beat starter Tarik Glenn so cut Castonzo slack AM PRACTICE WED

My link

A little concerned the dline from other teams will give our oline something to think about too. Hope those guys get it going!

Yes & mathis * hughes schooling Ijalana ike Freeney Vs Casttonzo but did u see the lines playing at OL using Coltzilla link Not our best by any means

DNP: Adam Vinatieri, Dan Orlovsky, Nate Davis, Taj Smith, Blair White, Peyton Manning, Kevin Thomas, Joseph Addai, Melvin Bullitt, Jeff Saturday, Kyle DeVan, Eric Foster, Ryan Diem, Michael Toudouze, Mike Pollak, Tommie Harris, Antonio Johnson, Ernie Simms, Fili Moala, Brody Eldridge, Jammal Anderson

(Unable to participate due to Veteran Free Agency restrictions as a result of new CBA rules. Players in BLACK will be able to participate starting Thursday, Aug. 4th)

Players with injuties and was reason couldnt practice

WR Taj Smith (hamstring)

OG Mike Pollak (hamstring)

DB Kevin Thomas (quad)

LB Cody Glenn (neck)

DT DeMario Pressley (hamstring)

White on PUP, Manning PUP but attended practice

CONNER REMOVED FROM THE LIST from days before

My link

Eldgrige has knee issue read but cant find link & Dont know about Saturday,

THUS No Sat, No Diem , No Pollack, No Devan so really little experience

1st team O-line: LT – Linkenbach, LG – Reitz, C – Richard, RG – Thomas, RT – Ijalana

2nd team O-line: LT – Castonzo, LG – McClendon, C – Kirkpatrick, RG – Williams, RT – Bender

My link

Yes & mathis * hughes schooling Ijalana ike Freeney Vs Casttonzo but did u see the lines playing at OL using Coltzilla link

DNP: Adam Vinatieri, Dan Orlovsky, Nate Davis, Taj Smith, Blair White, Peyton Manning, Kevin Thomas, Joseph Addai, Melvin Bullitt, Jeff Saturday, Kyle DeVan, Eric Foster, Ryan Diem, Michael Toudouze, Mike Pollak, Tommie Harris, Antonio Johnson, Ernie Simms, Fili Moala, Brody Eldridge, Jammal Anderson

(Unable to participate due to Veteran Free Agency restrictions as a result of new CBA rules. Players in BLACK will be able to participate starting Thursday, Aug. 4th)

WR Taj Smith (hamstring)

DB Kevin Thomas (quad)

LB Cody Glenn (neck)

My link

1st team O-line: LT – Linkenbach, LG – Reitz, C – Richard, RG – Thomas, RT – Ijalana

2nd team O-line: LT – Castonzo, LG – McClendon, C – Kirkpatrick, RG – Williams, RT – Bender

My link

I was hoping to see something good from Carter. Another possible RB bust. I am impressed with javarris james myself. The guy is tough and can pound the ball. Look at what he did on goal line runs.

The Clark thing is a little worrisome. I half expected him to be up to speed and be catching better than that.

The best thing for Castonzo and Ijilana is two of the best DT in the game teaching them the ways of the NFL! Go get some boys!!

I get tired of watching the Colts go through RB after RB after RB that can't cut it or are constantly hurt. The offense really needs a run game to open things up in the passing game, but year after year.. nothing. Its slightly depressing and discouraging.

Im just hoping and waiting for a RB to show up and give us a run game other teams will fear. That's all.

I get tired of watching the Colts go through RB after RB after RB that can't cut it or are constantly hurt. The offense really needs a run game to open things up in the passing game, but year after year.. nothing. Its slightly depressing and discouraging.

Im just hoping and waiting for a RB to show up and give us a run game other teams will fear. That's all.

We've only drafted three running backs in the first round in 12 years. Two of them have worked just fine. One is still undecided. A 4th rounder is a hit/miss proposition, regardless of the position. Plus, we've had other stop gap running backs (like Dom, a scrap heap pickup who set a record as an undrafted rookie) that have worked just fine.

I hope it doesn't come across as me picking on you, but I think a lot of people are losing sight of the past with our team. We always had an above average run game, up until 2008. The past three years have been very inconsistent, for several reasons, but I don't think our backs are the problem. And I don't think Delone Carter was drafted to be the savior of our run game. If our line can build on the progress we made in the last four weeks of the regular season, and if our young guys can come along, we'll make some progress. Carter ought to be a solid short yardage back, but we need better run blocking more than anything else.

I don't take it as picking on me.

It's just slightly disconcerting that in a year of uncertainty in an injured Manning, we beef up the run game and take some weight off his shoulders and ease him back in. Instead of forcing him to throw 300+ yards per game. Personally, I blame alot of his injury on him having to throw so much. Im not a doc, but it couldn't help. I realize this organization rides Manning, but i'd like to see some pressure taken off Mannings arm. In a perfect world.

Yes & mathis * hughes schooling Ijalana ike Freeney Vs Casttonzo but did u see the lines playing at OL using Coltzilla link

WR Taj Smith (hamstring)

DB Kevin Thomas (quad)

LB Cody Glenn (neck)

My link

My link

[/quote

Has anyone been talking about Kirkpatrick? I'm excited about him as a Center and could be the next Jeff Saturday I think.

I don't take it as picking on me.

It's just slightly disconcerting that in a year of uncertainty in an injured Manning, we beef up the run game and take some weight off his shoulders and ease him back in. Instead of forcing him to throw 300+ yards per game. Personally, I blame alot of his injury on him having to throw so much. Im not a doc, but it couldn't help. I realize this organization rides Manning, but i'd like to see some pressure taken off Mannings arm. In a perfect world.

Absolutely. He threw the ball over 700 times last year, including the playoff game. Unreal. It would be great to have a consistent run game again, and hopefully that would bring his attempts back down to around 500 or less again. The last year we had a real gun game was 2007, and he threw it 515 times. That's sounds about right.

Absolutely. He threw the ball over 700 times last year, including the playoff game. Unreal. It would be great to have a consistent run game again, and hopefully that would bring his attempts back down to around 500 or less again. The last year we had a real gun game was 2007, and he threw it 515 times. That's sounds about right.

I am havent practice medicine since 1988 but can tell u not just the i overuse of the arms , it was the incredible hits he took once the quick release was thrown, I watched and have many pictures of those, also shown on various post game shows, he absorbed intense punishment, but if not looking for it, u wouldnt know as , as soon as he threw your eyes go to where the ball is being thrown & not what then happened to peyton as he was crushed & often sandwich between opposing defenders with excruciating facial expression, or laid out i on the floor

I was hoping to see something good from Carter. Another possible RB bust. I am impressed with javarris james myself. The guy is tough and can pound the ball. Look at what he did on goal line runs.

The Clark thing is a little worrisome. I half expected him to be up to speed and be catching better than that.

The best thing for Castonzo and Ijilana is two of the best DT in the game teaching them the ways of the NFL! Go get some boys!!

Guy coughs up the ball once, after getting hit in the backfield right as he gets the ball... and he's already a bust?

Geeze, folks... don't you at least want to watch him play a game, or even get out of the preseason before labeling him a failure?

:bash:

Guy coughs up the ball once, after getting hit in the backfield right as he gets the ball... and he's already a bust?

Geeze, folks... don't you at least want to watch him play a game, or even get out of the preseason before labeling him a failure?

:bash:

Have to agree, Carter has tremendous potential, some of the so called experts say he may be our starter and a draft steal, he didnt fumble all last season

as was put by

18 to 88

says cant blame Carter for fumble, Freeney hit him immediately as got football as soon as he span around Castonzo

My link

Have to agree, Carter has tremendous potential, some of the so called experts say he may be our starter and a draft steal, he didnt fumble all last season

as was put by

18 to 88

says cant blame Carter for fumble, Freeney hit him immediately as got football as soon as he span around Castonzo

My link

that says more good about dwight than bad about carter

Read the highlighted sentence, then read it again. I said possible bust. I haven't heard anything from reports that makes me think he's putting it all out there and that what this team needs. We'll just wait and watch. My hunch says I'm right.

I'm just saying, cut the guy some slack.... One bad play (which wasn't even his fault) does not make a bad player.

As mentioned above, last year Carter was the anti-fumble machine. The guy NEVER fumbled.