Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2nd round draft position? Some help!

I have a question about the Colts and their 2nd round draft position. I don't know of any trade they made which would affect their 2nd round pick status. Regardless when you go to Walter Football who projects us as #6 pick in the 1st round, they have us as having the #44 pick in the second round. Same with Bleacher report, and obviously the #44 pick does not equate with being in the 6th position in terms of draft position. As I said, I know of no trades, and BR lists none, so anybody know whats up with this? Did I miss something?

For example, if three teams have the same record at the end of the season, where team A has the lowest strength of schedule, B has the second lowest, and C has the third lowest.. the  draft orders for ABC would be

1st round A, B, C

2nd round B, C, A

3rd round C, A, B

And continue the rotation in subsequent rounds.  My guess is that's what you're seeing on Walter Football.  I'm not sure why they have Colts at #6 though, they must be computing strength of schedule using only the played games and not including the records of future opponents this year.  I've been computing the strength of schedule using future/completed opponents and have the Colts at #8 instead of #6.