Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deshaun Watson vs. Patriots Corners

King Colt

I don't think you'll see a lot of their starters in the secondary... at least not for very long. They sat something like 45 players for their first preseason game, because they had joint practices with Jacksonville and Belichick looks at those reps as being as valuable as playing in these games. Since they're doing that again with Houston all week, I'm not sure if Gilmore and/or Butler will play. But if they do, I'd expect no more than a series or two. Watson may not get into the game until after they're out anyway. 

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

Houston's next game is against NE. Watson is getting way too much praise in the quarterback starved city while Tom Savage gets only criticism. I am anxious to see the how Watson does against the Patriots pass defense. 

1.  you wont see NE starters for more than a few series, if at all.

2.  even when you do, prepare to be disappointed.  Belichick is notorious for running base vanilla defenses without the typical tricks and disguises he uses in the regular season.

Additionally it's well known he treats them like a practice.  He will give the offense or defense a scenario different from the actual game scenario and play call for that made up scenario to see how they perform and work on things.  He never treats a preseason game like a game.

Better bet for what you want is when they play in week 3.  Watson has to go to New England for a regular season game and all the scheming from BB that comes with it.