Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp Open Practice Thread (7/30/17)

WarGhost21

19 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:
Barkevious Mingo forced a fumble that was picked up by Lee Hightower for first turnover per @gmbremer

I saw that fumble live, but I wasn't sure who forced it.  I didn't have a program that showed the numbers with names or anything.

The funniest thing was that the PA called it an "interception".  No way was it an INT, guy made the catch and took like 6 to 8 steps before the ball popped out after Mingo punched his hand in there.  Went right to Hightower who was very quick to react and grab the ball.  

Would have been a huge defensive play in a game.  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

What did Mack do that stood out? I haven't heard anything about him today

I don't remember him standing out much from what I saw of him.  He had some decent runs, so he didn't look terrible, but I don't remember him ever really "breaking one".

Of course it's hard to tell in a lot of ways.  With no pads on they where basically playing 2 hand touch.  

16 hours ago, CR91 said:

What did Mack do that stood out? I haven't heard anything about him today

It was the first day of training camp so there were no breakaway runs or anything but I was worried that especially without pads he would be avoiding holes and bouncing to the outside like his college tape showed.

I was pleasantly surprised by his burst and lack of hesitation through the hole and his explosion when there was a good hole. He looked good on screen plays as well which I think we will see a good amount of from him this year.