Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Anderson (Edge Scout #6)

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/ryan-anderson-vs-arkansas-2016/

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/ryan-anderson-vs-usc-2016-2/

From another user, In his assessment of Tim Williams. Which touch on a lot of Anderson problems and not Williams.

"Not a top-32 guy in my opinion, even though he may end up going that high. Great initial burst off the line, but that's where it pretty much stops. He has ZERO pass rush moves, although you can mask a lot when you play next to some of the best DLineman in college football.He did practically nothing against Clemson in the 2 games they played - probably the best OL he's faced since he's been at Bama. Because he has no pass rush moves, quite often he takes wide or looping angles, which in turn, left holes for the running game to exploit. He'll be targeted consistently on draw plays. Luckily he had guys beside and behind him to clean up. He's a little bigger than I thought he was, but he doesn't look to be as strong. I'd bet he doesn't make it 20 on the bench at the Combine. To be honest I like Ryan Anderson better. I think he's a more rounded player than Williams and can play all 3 downs. On top of that, he won't cost us a top 15 pick. "

It's funny, you kind of helped me scout this guy, bashing Williams. All your negatives are actually Ryan Negatives except the ones I stroke through.

I think Ryan Anderson is pretty good. Good Strength. He has good control of the an in front of him. I believe he is more a run stuffer on the edge than a pass rusher, but his pass rushing is limited to bulrushes and dips. But he does get some decent pressure. He looses track of the ball sometimes, but he seems to have decent field awareness.

I choose the Arkansas video kind of as a troll, because you can see Tim Williams out perform Anderson on this film, and it's his film LOL.

Ryan looks like what Burnett can be if he is coached properly.

But I'd beware of this guy. His flaws I think are definitely masked by the talent around him. Buyer beware of this guy IMO. But a Bama Football education is Invaluable, and Saban could have sprouted a stud.

When I look at Ryan Anderson, I see a guy that won't wow you, but will play consistent, disciplined football. His athleticism is average at best, but he's a technician. He has a lower ceiling than Tim Williams, but a much higher floor. I wouldn't want his as my primary pass rusher,  but I'd love him at SAM setting the edge.