Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dream Scenario

tikyle

8 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Dream scenario is the same no matter what the scenario is... I want the Colts to win every game they play... the last three games are no different.

Those that want the Colts to lose so they have a higher draft pick have a losers mentality and I question whether or not they know anything about competition.

You say loser mentality .. I say a winner mentality who can look past the immediate gratification for long term success. 

What does winning out accomplish???  A couple of Sundays of feeling good ... to me that is a loser mentality. I would rather have a team that is a legitimate contender every year, and losing out is more beneficial to that goal than winning 2 or 3 meaningless games. 

What constitutes "competition/competitiveness" to me as a fan is totally different than competition to me as participant/player. Since I am not personally competing the big competitive picture is more important to me. 

7 hours ago, esmort said:

Even if we signed all of the FAs you suggested there are still glaring holes that would need to be filled before drafting a RB.  Just because a couple teams go RB in the 1st, doesn't make it a good value.  Elliot would not look like even close to the same player on the Colts as he does in Dallas ... how much draft investment did the Cowboys put in their line prior to Elliot???  Gordon was not the best value for SD, and Johnson was actually a 3rd round pick which is just one example of how RB is a position whose value is not as tied to the 1st round as some other positions.  It is also not a passing trend, I doubt you will ever see the RB position carry the value it once did. Even if you don't say "never" take a RB in the 1st round, the Colts are not even close (even with your FAs) to be able to make a "luxury pick".

We can disagree that's okay.  But I have a feeling the teams that will draft Fournett or Cook early in the 1st. round are teams that earned their high pick and are teams that are not able to afford a " luxury pick".  Makes no sense to overdraft in a position of need when you can get BPA in another position of need but teams do it for a QB or ER all the time.  When you see certain positions are really strong in a draft you see teams go early after those players and with RB's being one of the strong position groups this year I can see a run in the 1st. round. We will see. 

8 hours ago, esmort said:

You say loser mentality .. I say a winner mentality who can look past the immediate gratification for long term success. 

What does winning out accomplish???  A couple of Sundays of feeling good ... to me that is a loser mentality. I would rather have a team that is a legitimate contender every year, and losing out is more beneficial to that goal than winning 2 or 3 meaningless games. 

What constitutes "competition/competitiveness" to me as a fan is totally different than competition to me as participant/player. Since I am not personally competing the big competitive picture is more important to me. 

Winning out accomplish the goal of every game played... winning.

Your long term outlook is only applicable if; you know for sure the player drafted lower is better than the player drafted later, that one will pan out and the other one won't.

You talk about being a contender every year, but they can't be a contender if they don't get into the playoffs and as of right now they still have a chance to to get into the playoffs., so you are contradicting yourself in that one sentence.

Every game you play to win the game, if not then that is a loser's mentality.

My dream scenario is as follows:

Lose our remaining 3 games and draft a solid LB in the draft. It can be a premier pass rusher, or a guy like a Rueben Foster or Zach Cunningham at ILB. 

Sign an elite coaching staff. Jim Harbaugh as HC, Josh McDaniels as O-Coordinator, Nick Saban as D-Coordinator, and John Gruden as QB coach.

Have a defensive filled draft, and have a run at the SB in 2017.