Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keenan Reynolds

Anyone have any thoughts about K. Reynolds as a late-round prospect. I have not seen any mocks on here with him in them. Personally, I`d only draft him in the 7th, because he is going to have to learn a new position. He is the same size that A. Randall El was coming out. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I'd rather take Sudfield late, than take a triple option QB. Without looking, I'd bet Reynolds didn't even attempt 100 passes last year. Good college player but I don't believe he's any where near as good as Randle El was.

I believe the OP is talking about converting him to RB

I have read he will be converted to a WR or RB. Everything I have read has him going in the 7th or a FA. I would draft the kid in the 7th. Why, because he will give everything he has on the field, and he is a leader. Even if he turned out to be a special teams guy, he would be a captain. Competitors like him are guys you want on a team as an example to everyone. We need that kind of youth and energy. He would be infectious, and that is one intangible no draft statistic will ever measure, and worth a 7th round pick any day. In fact, if we had a 6th, I would go that high, and I believe some team will. Teams need guys like him!

19 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I'd rather take Sudfield late, than take a triple option QB. Without looking, I'd bet Reynolds didn't even attempt 100 passes last year. Good college player but I don't believe he's any where near as good as Randle El was.

I think it is pretty clear that no one in the league is considering him for QB.  There will be a position change.

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I think it is pretty clear that no one in the league is considering him for QB.  There will be a position change.

Yeah, I think I clearly stated he will need to learn a new position. Most likely WR or DB. I would really like to see the Colts stash him on the PS for a year, because he will be a project!

4 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Yeah, I think I clearly stated he will need to learn a new position. Most likely WR or DB. I would really like to see the Colts stash him on the PS for a year, because he will be a project!

After seeing him with the ball in his hands I would be surprised if DB is what teams are projecting him as.  WR or RB seems far more likely but the ultimate point is that he very clearly will not be an NFL qb.

Just now, jskinnz said:

After seeing him with the ball in his hands I would be surprised if DB is what teams are projecting him as.  WR or RB seems far more likely but the ultimate point is that he very clearly will not be an NFL qb.

I absolutely agree he won`t be a QB and would not suggest they take him to run any option junk. Like I said, he`s a project for a different position. I do think he will be drafted somewhere in the 7th.

3 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Yea, I quickly skimmed what he wrote and misread what he was implying. Anyways, I still don't see him as a RB, too small, nor do I see him as a WR. He just doesn't run "loose" like Randle El did. I don't know what he's timed at but watching game film he doesn't look to be all that fast either. 

If we are wanting a guy like that I'd much rather see how far Braxton Miller falls. He could end up being a 5th-7th round guy.