Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Coughlin Out in NY

Jackie Daytona

This board lives in an echo chamber when it comes to the Giants. 

The Giants, suck. Live in reality and realize that. Back to back 6-10 seasons. Haven't had a season winning 10 games since 2009. 

Those two Super Bowls came out of pure luck. Assante Samuel dropped the interception in the first one, that would have completed the 19-0 run for the Pats, and the 2011 Giants got extremely lucky avoiding New Orleans in the NFCCG, who no doubt would have slaughtered them like they did at the end of the season. 

Luckiest team ever to win two Super Bowls. I said it all this year, they weren't going to jack crap, and everyone argued with me over it. Keep hyping up these awful losers. Their coach is gone, and just cause they play NE tough don't mean anything. 

1 minute ago, Bogie said:

This board lives in an echo chamber when it comes to the Giants. 

The Giants, suck. Live in reality and realize that. Back to back 6-10 seasons. Haven't had a season winning 10 games since 2009. 

Those two Super Bowls came out of pure luck. Assante Samuel dropped the interception in the first one, that would have completed the 19-0 run for the Pats, and the 2011 Giants got extremely lucky avoiding New Orleans in the NFCCG, who no doubt would have slaughtered them like they did at the end of the season. 

Luckiest team ever to win two Super Bowls. I said it all this year, they weren't going to jack crap, and everyone argued with me over it. Keep hyping up these awful losers. Their coach is gone, and just cause they play NE tough don't mean anything. 

They made the necessary throws when they had to against the Patriots twice Bogie. I'd hardly call that luck. No SB is ever won on paper & it's always about how a team responds when the chips are down. 

Granted missing the Playoffs for several seasons warranted a new regime change in New Jersey. But, the luck excuse in dismissing Championships is simply crazy talk to me. Lombardi trophies just don't fall out of the sky. 

Was a change mandatory in the Big Apple yes? Was it purely serendipity that Coughlin & Eli won 2 rings? Of course not.  

13 hours ago, bababooey said:

He was more or less trying to take blame off of Coughlin, not specifically blaming the players. JPP incident was brought up for example in addition to losing like every safety in the preseason, Cruz, Fells, etc. It shouldn't be Eli's fault. You don't miss the playoffs that many years because of one person but this season was the straw that broke the camel's back which sucks because 3 plays differently and Coughlin has a job still.

I just looked it up. The Giants were 97-86 under Coughlin/Eli. Only 11 games above .500. But those two super bowls have a way of making you forget all else. It really was not a great run just two great seasons. I think the timing is right for the Giants to move on. I think the players might have been tuning out Coughlin the last few seasons.

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

I just looked it up. The Giants were 97-86 under Coughlin/Eli. Only 11 games above .500. But those two super bowls have a way of making you forget all else. It really was not a great run just two great seasons. I think the timing is right for the Giants to move on. I think the players might have been tuning out Coughlin the last few seasons.

He def didn't have top talent or top coaching, but w all the injuries leaving Odell as his only weapon OBJ sabotaged the team on multiple occasions w his antics and coughlin couldn't discipline him and even went along w it (4th and goal against the jets on the 1 and Odell sends the FG team off the field and wants to go for it, Eli throws a pick the next play and they lose in OT)

I will say Coughlin did not benefit from an easy division for most of his tenure either which is why those two playoff runs over massive teams bolsters his HoF case. During the last 12 years Philly won the division 4x, NY won 3x, Dallas won 3x, and Washington won twice. Quite the power struggle.

31 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I will say Coughlin did not benefit from an easy division for most of his tenure either which is why those two playoff runs over massive teams bolsters his HoF case. During the last 12 years Philly won the division 4x, NY won 3x, Dallas won 3x, and Washington won twice. Quite the power struggle.

I agree and his two SB wins were historic runs through the NFC top seeds and then beating the Pats, the best team of the modern era. Both Coughlin and Eli will make the HoF, deservedly so.

For fun, look at Bill Parcells time in NY. His achievements are remarkably similar to Coughlin and Parcells was the "genius" coach before Belichick took over.

2 minutes ago, amfootball said:

I agree and his two SB wins were historic runs through the NFC top seeds and then beating the Pats, the best team of the modern era. Both Coughlin and Eli will make the HoF, deservedly so.

For fun, look at Bill Parcells time in NY. His achievements are remarkably similar to Coughlin and Parcells was the "genius" coach before Belichick took over.

Oh yea they are almost identical as I was listening on the radio yesterday. It really is nuts how Eli/Coughlin are one 99 yard Victor Cruz TD away from just missing the playoffs for 7 straight years after SB 42. Also one Plaxico gunshot from possibly being back to back champs.

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

Oh yea they are almost identical as I was listening on the radio yesterday. It really is nuts how Eli/Coughlin are one 99 yard Victor Cruz TD away from just missing the playoffs for 7 straight years after SB 42. Also one Plaxico gunshot from possibly being back to back champs.

I almost forgot about Plaxico. One of the strangest sports incidents of all time. And then JPP fireworks this year.

On 1/5/2016 at 5:15 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nice Peyton jab, Peyton hasn't missed the Playoffs 4 straight years like Coughlin has.

Not a jab, in spite of recent playoff appearances not being 1 of them, there are plenty of similarities between Peyton and Tom lately.