Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cardale Jones entering the draft

He's not gonna play at Ohio State. If he transfers, he has to sit out a season, then he'd have to play a season in order for it to have been worth anything to stay in college. He's kind of between a rock and a hard place. 

The NFL needs a developmental process for young players like this.

3 hours ago, Superman said:

He's not gonna play at Ohio State. If he transfers, he has to sit out a season, then he'd have to play a season in order for it to have been worth anything to stay in college. He's kind of between a rock and a hard place. 

The NFL needs a developmental process for young players like this.

Oh I know.   My Best friends, my neighbors and my entire family are huge Ohio State Fans.  I couldn't get away from up-to-date information on him if I tried.     I guess I understand his thinking,  just not sure anyone is going to jump at the chance to draft him.   And if he doesn't get drafted,  then what?  

I think his best bet, right now would be to stay in school, and stay at OSU...

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Oh I know.   My Best friends, my neighbors and my entire family are huge Ohio State Fans.  I couldn't get away from up-to-date information on him if I tried.     I guess I understand his thinking,  just not sure anyone is going to jump at the chance to draft him.   And if he doesn't get drafted,  then what?  

I think his best bet, right now would be to stay in school, and stay at OSU...

Do you mean from a life decision perspective, or a football career perspective? Because I don't think his football career is helped at all by staying at OSU, assuming Barrett stays healthy (not a given).

Now if you're saying you don't think he'll make it in the NFL and should finish school, that's a horse of a different color. I haven't really scouted him, but his physical tools are obvious. So were Terrelle Pryor's, though, and he would be out of the league if he didn't switch to WR, which Jones won't be able to do.

I think Jones will be drafted, though. Not early, as a developmental prospect by a team like the Bengals or Cowboys or some other team with a clear cut starter, and they'll stash him for a couple years and let him work on his game. Like Brett Hundley and the Packers.

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

Do you mean from a life decision perspective, or a football career perspective? Because I don't think his football career is helped at all by staying at OSU, assuming Barrett stays healthy (not a given).

Now if you're saying you don't think he'll make it in the NFL and should finish school, that's a horse of a different color. I haven't really scouted him, but his physical tools are obvious. So were Terrelle Pryor's, though, and he would be out of the league if he didn't switch to WR, which Jones won't be able to do.

I think Jones will be drafted, though. Not early, as a developmental prospect by a team like the Bengals or Cowboys or some other team with a clear cut starter, and they'll stash him for a couple years and let him work on his game. Like Brett Hundley and the Packers.

Yeah, I should have clarified, I'm sorry.    I know you're right, staying at OSU, and NOT playing is not going to help his chances of ever getting drafted.    I am just not fully sold on him being able to make it in the NFL. 

And so...... on the note that he may or may not make it in the NFL, I just think he should stay in school, and get an education.    But that's not my decision now is it...??   haha

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, and that would be great for him.

32 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Yeah, I should have clarified, I'm sorry.    I know you're right, staying at OSU, and NOT playing is not going to help his chances of ever getting drafted.    I am just not fully sold on him being able to make it in the NFL. 

And so...... on the note that he may or may not make it in the NFL, I just think he should stay in school, and get an education.    But that's not my decision now is it...??   haha

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, and that would be great for him.

This would make sense . . . if he weren't an *:

His Twitter from last year:

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS"

He's either going to make it in football, or be a bum.  Chances are he'll be a bum.

18 minutes ago, wig said:

This would make sense . . . if he weren't an *:

His Twitter from last year:

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS"

He's either going to make it in football, or be a bum.  Chances are he'll be a bum.

yeah, he's thrown together more than a few of those combos on twitter.   :P

I think the combine will really elevate his draft value. He does have the size and arm skills. He's worse decision was not coming out last year, where the hype would have made him a lot of money. I agree he will be selected (although high than most on here feel) and developed behind a good starter. Interestingly it might be the Colts.

Hopefully he goes to a team that is patient and has a good teacher as a QB coach and OC.

He could easily use a year or two on the bench in a solid NFL program.   I mean, did Tony Romo even play a down for his first 3 years?    (He probably did, but certainly not manny)

Jones is going to have to learn the hard way.   And I hope he's mature enough to handle having real money for the first time in his life.    Too much money and too much free time have often been a young players worst enemy.

His silly childish rants not with standing,  I think he's a good kid overall, and I'll be pulling for him to make it.

I don't want his life to end-up being a "what if..." or "what ever happened to..."  installment of 30 for 30.

Here's hoping.....