Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JJ Watt Broke his Hand at Practice

amfootball

Yeah I posted this earlier and was surprised it got no response. I didn't start a new topic regarding this but Posted it on another Thread. I think this will definitely affect his play, how can it not? I don't think there is anyway in heck that the Pats lose 3 in a row anyway and this injury could even affect Watt the rest of the season. Watt is blowing it off but a Pass Rushers hands are a huge part of his success.

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This is very big for the Texans

JJ will be just fine. Pain doesn't subdue him; he will overcome this minor setback like it's par for the course. 

If Watt can play thru a groin injury, a broken hand is child's play. 

Arnold Schwarzenegger in the film "The Predator" had a line: "If it bleeds, we can kill it" well in JJ's eyes, the game hasn't really been started until he's bleeding, which usually translates into a productive day at the office for him.

9 hours ago, ColtRider said:

Luck of New England. Seems it follows them. Dig up Gillette and burn it all ...grass, weeds, dirt, goal posts, & anything else found under that tar pit. Send it back from whence it came. 

We have had some good fortune this year of getting teams when they have been banged up but we are pretty banged up too and it has cost the last 2 games. This time of year everyone plays through something. The teams with the toughest mentality rise to the top.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Ignoring anything to do with accuracy, level of play, etc., just based on his injury history through 8 games, it's highly unlikely he will be our QB in a few years.  It's a catch 22 with him.  If you don't utilize his legs, it will be very difficult to win with him.  If you do utilize his legs, it will be very difficult to keep him on the field.  I've come to the conclusion that his size is not necessarily a benefit.  The collisions are harder.  He goes to the ground harder.  You don't see some of the gentle drops and rolls you see with Lamar Jackson.     The fact that he's also tied to a front office that might be counting their days doesn't help either.  
    • Id say avoid drafting or taking players from your team that you’re a fan of. I’m an avid fantasy guy and also a sports bettor. I literally will avoid taking any Colts players In fantasy and also during the week in fantasy football I avoid taking the props of the players I’m playing against. I never want to wish bad on anyone so for that very reason I avoid those guys. For me personally it has helped tremendously, I can still enjoy the game without bias. 
    • I will just say this about the comparisons between Luck and AR.  And even Manning.   First, as far as overall talent?  I think AR has more talent than Andrew.  And I say that as the biggest Luck fan that there is.  I loved that guy.  But he always reminded me of a Manning wannabe.  Someone who had more pure talent.  Who was very smart.  But I never ever got the feeling that he wanted to win and put in the hours that Manning did.  And I think that was proven when he retired so early.  Manning was like an AI robot who studied 23 hours a day.  Just a huge will to win.    But what Luck had was pain tolerance, drive and overall ability due to his teaching since he was a kid...and his will to do what is right for the team.    IMO that was 100% MORE than AR's is right now.  Not even close.    If only you could clone a combo between Manning and his smarts, Luck and his pain tolerance, and AR and his pure athletic ability.    I am sorry but unless AR is the unluckiest person in the history of the NFL, NO ONE gets hurt this much.  He is a wreck.  Heck I remember in his first pre season game last year he ran out of bounds and started to limp.  Literally his very first hit ever.  Right then I said to myself "uh oh".  And then he has not finished what......4 of his all time starts?  Out of 8?  I mean....that is not normal QB behavior.  He seems to get hurt on almost every hit he takes.    Make that make sense.    It is very VERY odd to say the least.   I want AR to do well because he seems like a good guy and he has all the talent in the world  But after this last game and his words after? For lack of a better word I don't think he has any ability at all to do 2 things.     One....protect himself.   Two.....take a hit and feel pain without it being the end of the world.  He seems to have no pain tolerance whatsoever.  Which is fine.  Just don't be an NFL Qb as a result. 
    • I'm not creating anything.  Till AR can stay on the field it's Flacco that has to be tough. 
    • I understand that but till AR shows he can stay on the field, Flacco has to be the man. It's that simple. 
  • Members

• Hammer

Hammer 334

• #12.

#12. 3,391