Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ron Rivera makes History @ 12 - 0

ColtsBlueFL

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ron Rivera makes history as Panthers move to 12-0

Thirty years apart, #Panthers HC Ron Rivera is first person in #NFL history to play for and coach a 12-0 team - '85 Bears, '15 Panthers

— Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn)

December 7, 2015

http://car.247sports.com/Bolt/Ron-Rivera-makes-history-as-Panthers-move-to-12-0-41805614

Good for him!

That's quite a feat. Congrats to him. I remember the '85 Bears & Rivera/Ditka. Seemed like they steamrolled everyone they faced that year. McMahon and his taunting headbands. ;)

I remember that 85 season in Chicago well with the SB shuffle. It's amazing to think that Ron Rivera was both a talented LB & HC. I'm not knocking the man at all. I'm just saying this: Being savvy on the field doesn't always translate years later into a leader of men for a professional football franchise. 

Well done Riverboat Ron! I've always liked you & I'm glad to see you are so successful on the sidelines as well. I know you usually give the Saints fits another team I follow frequently, but that's okay because the Panthers & Saints always put on a tough division rivalry regardless of what the records are.