Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is there a chance

Nesjan3

I agree with most topics..if andy can make a full recovery we can make a deep run...with Chuds offensive differences i like the run/pass balance.  We all know that does nothing but help andy and allows him to play his game, pick his spots and gives us the best chance to succeed.  Hasselbeck is the best back up in the league...i feel solid he can not only keep us in games in andys absence but can get us wins as well.  Big weeks coming up!..lets go colts!

Some people in here selling Hass short. Much better QB than some think. Smart enough to use all the weapons we have,

I don't know about some selling him short, haven't read all responses.  But I do know this, MH is a starting caliber QB (not a backup), but is in the twilight of his career.  Yes, he has all kinds of talent (well above average QB).  But like an old engine with all kinds of horsepower, you have to be careful in using it.  Partly because of this-

OutofFuel_zpstn3udzyp.jpg

And if you run it too hard, you might even get this before you run out of the limited fuel-

OutofFuel2_zpshtpkbgto.jpg

Remember, Peyton Manning and Matt Hasselbeck were both in the same draft class of 1998.  Neither are Andrew Luck strong anymore.  We need MH for at least 4 games or more,   There's an old adage in racing- you can't win the race on the first lap.  But you sure can lose it.