Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can you blame the colts for not going after FA's?

SilentHill

Well the problem is thy sign last minute FA or players that just got released. They could probably go after some decent FA and put alittle money behind it, just not grab some cheap player that was just booted off another team yesterday.

http://www.colts.com/forums/index.php?/topic/377-why-the-colts-should-avoid-free-agency-like-the-plague/page__p__4650__fromsearch__1#entry4650

We end up with the "Hank Basketts" of the NFL because the Colts always pick up the "affordable" FA deals (read scraps no one else wants) after all the good FAs are gone.

I really wish they would be more aggresive in free agency, but they sit back and let the best ones slip away!!

its not like we are spoiled with this..i think all any1 is asking is that we try and find some1 that will help our ever failing D-line..i mean we are asking for a cheap injured formerly great player..i think were all in agreement that we need tommie harris..and a corner that is a better player than justin tryon

i think we cover both of these for 6 mil this yr..which is what we cut hayden for

itll be a shame if peyton took less money then the organization decided to bank it all..

Not to sure what u are trying to say with that link except that you think FA are to risky to get. Well your starts are cool. but I dont need a probowl in FA, Just someone to step up and make plays once in a while. Cheaply !! Thats all.

Well the problem is thy sign last minute FA or players that just got released. They could probably go after some decent FA and put alittle money behind it, just not grab some cheap player that was just booted off another team yesterday.

I agree and we need a back-up quaterback. I hope that Peyton is ready because I want him healthy for the 2011 season. I would have loved Deangelo Williams to come to Indy. Hank-what a joke and an embarrassment to our organization.

I wish we would get a good back up QB like a rookie Ryan Mallett. So Manning can teach someone to take his place if he every decides to retire. Which i don't want him to leave anytime soon. Also go after some of the good FAs out there. I wouldn't mind even having Randy Moss. We really need some good SSs or CBs. I really like Bob Sanders and wish we still had him.