Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts & Texans Are Mirror Teams In The Media

King Colt

Listening to sports talk radio in Houston all morning and reading the Houston Chronicle  this morning it is uncanny the similarities are as the fans and sports writers offer up their perspectives on the teams and organizations so far this year. The Texans fans are dumping on the QB, DL,OL GM, owner, coach. The only difference I see is the running back position and now that Foster is gone for the season and unlikely to ever return that position will be criticized next week in Houston. Building a team with older players is getting hit on the Texans as well as coach O'Brian seems enamored with former Patriots players ((Vince Wilfork and Ryan Mallett) and  who have done nothing for the Texans much like many bums the Colts somehow scrape off the floor to win a SB.

You could literally cut and past the team names as their evaluations are coming out today in the media. Like the Colts every Monday is gripe  and complain day. It is as sad as it is funny listening to the callers in Houston scream for a change of some kind somewhere. As I see it the difference is the Colts have made it to the playoffs three straight years and may drag their lost souls in to the playoffs for the fourth time only to be tossed out again like a used Kleenex. The Texans must try to build a winner but the Colts have to find out why they can no longer win even against bad teams, when nothing has changed in the front office and supposedly they have gotten better players in their 2015 push for "all now" approach going in to this season. I see many changes coming and they will not wait until the end of the year if either team hopes to regain respect.

Not sure who has more to complain about.   Fans must admit that good/great QB's are not a dime a dozen, so it is tough when Houston has QB problems.  

Not sure if the Houston problem is directly caused by the HC as I think it is with Indy.

I give Luck somewhat of a pass because the coaching staff needs to direct him on how to play the west coast offense as Hasselbach did.   With a poor OL, it needs to be 3 step drops and release.  

I'm also disappointed at the use of Gore.   Gore does not fit in with the aging useless players I hear many Colts fans speaking of.    He's having a good year even though he is not being utilized much.   Only 9 carries yesterday, and he was still effective for 43 yards.    Would have been more if not for the holding penalties.   

In my opinion, teams who have the most penalties week in and week out are poorly coached.  

Not sure who has more to complain about.   Fans must admit that good/great QB's are not a dime a dozen, so it is tough when Houston has QB problems.  

Not sure if the Houston problem is directly caused by the HC as I think it is with Indy.

I give Luck somewhat of a pass because the coaching staff needs to direct him on how to play the west coast offense as Hasselbach did.   With a poor OL, it needs to be 3 step drops and release.  

I'm also disappointed at the use of Gore.   Gore does not fit in with the aging useless players I hear many Colts fans speaking of.    He's having a good year even though he is not being utilized much.   Only 9 carries yesterday, and he was still effective for 43 yards.    Would have been more if not for the holding penalties.   

In my opinion, teams who have the most penalties week in and week out are poorly coached.

Certainly undisciplined players do not suggest excellent coaching. Yet Rex Ryan got another head coaching job immediately after getting canned by the Jets.

Certainly undisciplined players do not suggest excellent coaching. Yet Rex Ryan got another head coaching job immediately after getting canned by the Jets.

That surprised me.   Of course his new team is 3-4 and just lost to the Jags.

I think Rex would be maybe the best DC in the league if he was to accept the role.