Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 53 Man Roster Projection (Mike Chappell)

TKnight24

So, with TC looming closer than a lot of think.... the :colts: writers are chiming in on their roster projections. Here's Mike Chappell's take on who makes the team, and who doesn't get to be seen (Nice Rhyme right? haha )

My take on how the Colts’ 53-man roster might shake out http://t.co/5GtvxHtXAh #indysportscentral

— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51)

July 28, 2015

:coltslogo:

Thanks for the link TK.  I can never see the tweets at work.

There are a couple players that I'd love to see show their potential - Adongo and Swoope.  I think there's room for Swoope, but Adongo is really going to have to put on a show to win a spot.

Also, if we carry 6 WRs, the last two guys better be very good on STs.  I don't know if Brown played STs much, but we know that Griff does.  Personally, I'd rather go with 5 WRs and 4 TEs.

Thanks for the link TK. I can never see the tweets at work.

There are a couple players that I'd love to see show their potential - Adongo and Swoope. I think there's room for Swoope, but Adongo is really going to have to put on a show to win a spot.

Also, if we carry 6 WRs, the last two guys better be very good on STs. I don't know if Brown played STs much, but we know that Griff does. Personally, I'd rather go with 5 WRs and 4 TEs.

Dorsett & Brown would be the ST players. Both are better than Griff Whalen in terms of being a WR

It's really a long shot for Griff to make the roster. None of the Colts writers so far have him listed on the 53 & I don't have him on mine

And Pep said it'll be more 2 TE sets, so we'll probably be getting away from the 3 TE sets and more into 4 WR sets. So 3 TE'S will suffice barring injury

Wait, no mention of Heenan as a viable option for the O-Line? 

I'd have him above Nixon & Thornton.

Nixon? chuckle

From what we saw from L Louis last season, Heenan should have a good shot at that spot. lol

Thornton has a good shot at the LG spot. I`m not a fan of his, but guys do get better.

And unlike Mewhort, he could Pull effectively to ALL spots required for a complete running game.

Chappell is obviously a credible Colts writer....but he didn't proof his work. The Colts are going to keep more than 3 ILBs.

Maybe move Hodges inside or he's expecting some creativity from Manusky since we have so many OLB's. You don't need a bunch MLB's in a 34 just because it calls for 2 MLB. Think how the Pack moved Clay Matthews to MLB.

If Manusky gets creative with all these OLB, we won't need to worry about only carrying 3 MLB's