Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Potential Draft Steal - Wmu Wr Jordan White

I'm currently watching the Lil Ceasar's Bowl, and Purdue has absoloutely no means to cover this guy. He is literally catching EVERYTHING thrown anywhere in his remote viscinity. The one-handed catch he caught at the 10 with four defenders surrounding him was just plain SICK. So far he's at 6 grabs for 140+ yards and a TD.

White leads the nation in both receiving yards per game (137.2) and receptions per game (10.6). He has nine 100-yard receiving performances and has seven games with 12 or more receptions and two others with nine. White also finds the end zone, recording multiple touchdown receptions in seven contests this season. His 16 receiving scores ranks second nationally.

Currently Jones is only projected as 4-6th rounder, as he doesn't possess much size, or top end speed, but the last I checked, BEING OPEN is what you're being paid to at the position, and White is open all day long at every game it seems.

If this guy can replicate some merit of his college success in the pros, I think he has real value. His talent simply can't be denied, and with 6 yrs experience at the collegiate level, he definitely knows the ins and out of reading coverages. Congrats to Jones for becoming the alltime receiving leader in Broncos history, quite an accomplishment.

So far he's at 10 grabs for 241 yards and a TD.

Too much of the draft is emphasized on combine performances these days. They are saying White being a third round pick and White being a 5th or 6th round pick depends if he runs a sub 4.5 at the combine or not.

I say who cares. Bolden ran a darn 4.8 and he was the most productive WR ever over the course of his first 5 seasons.