Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lorenzo Doss CB, Tulane

This is a guy i've recently been researching trying to find a good middle round CB that could possibly be a target

NFL Draft Profile http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/lorenzo-doss?id=2552599

His tape against Duke last year http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/lorenzo-doss?id=2552599

He struggles against Jamison Crowder gets a little too grabby but he's got solid footwork decent speed although at times his acceleration can be a little late and get him beat off the line. He ran around a 4.5 when you look into him every article talks about how much of a team player, and hard worker he is, loved by his teammates which is great.

Games like this against Duke are what i like to research to see where he struggles Crowder is a good receiver and even better route runner but Doss seems to almost get in his own way and get cut off to the inside and is always working from behind Crowder and I've noticed it in other games as well but he's got great hands and ball hawking ability had 15 or so interceptions in 3 years just needs to get better at working around the receiver and cutting off routes etc. F

Footworks good Tackling is solid against smaller receivers and backs, to me he seems inconsistant against the run mostly just being undersized and runners just out-muscling him but he can wrap up low and make solid tackles. He's a good corner with potential i believe he's a 4th to 5th round pick with a lot of room to grow his route running and grabby nature which leads to penalties can be coached up but i like him feel like he's got a career at Nickel Corner if he can work on routes and getting cleaner with his hands.