Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared's real life mock 1 of 3

I'm going to be doing 3 mocks before the draft. 1 today, one on the 27th, and one on the day of the draft based on what I think we will do. As of now, this is my prediction with no trades on how we will draft. A draft based on a mix of need and BPA that can put us over the top this year.

Round 1 Pick 29: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 29: Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 29: Hau'oli Kikaha, OLB/DE, Washington (B+)
Round 4 Pick 29: Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (A)
Round 5 Pick 29: Zach Hodges, OLB, Harvard (B+)
Round 6 Pick 29: Dominique Brown, RB, Louisville (B+)
Round 6 Pick 31: Bryce Hager, ILB, Baylor (B+)
Round 7 Pick 27: Austin Hill, WR, Arizona (C+)
Round 7 Pick 38 (COMP): Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas (A-)

As of now, I think Collins will reach us and I do think he will be the best player available at a position of need. The next two picks will really help our defensive line and hopefully help us stop the run. Havenstein is a very good tackle that could be our RT for the next 10-12 years. Hodges is very solid, has a spin move that I like. Could be a mini Dwight Freeney. Dominique Brown is a nice RB that has dropped a little. Good value pick IMO. Hager is a guy who can definitely make the team this year as a backup and contest to be a starter next year. Hill was the last WR I saw that I wanted and so I grabbed him. He could be a good 5. Diggs is a nice CB that has a bit of potential, and I think he could be a no4 CB that works his way up. 

A solid draft where every player could potentially make the team. This is the type of draft I hope we get something similar too that could turn the defense around and propel us to the SuperBowl.

I would say it's a Draft for Need not so much BPA.

It's a commonly known opinion that this draft is Rich in WR`s & RB`s. Yet none are mocked until the 6th and 7th rounds.

Still a nice draft, I didn't see much playmakers/Difference makers But I don't live on the draft sites and you tube either like some others, LoL.

Looking forward for your next two mocks.

Yes we can. I think this could pan out. Realistic and fills our needs while getting us solid players. Just what we need.

I think you have to fill that CB spot that is going to be open next year. Toler is going over 30 and a FA. It is a deep class with a handful of CB's that would fit what we do very well. I would not be surprised to see us go Darby in the 2nd if he is there. We don't want to be in a position to have to buy a FA next year build it through the draft. We really couldn't ask for a better draft to be CB needy.

I love Austin Hill if that kid gets his pre injury form back he will be more than a 5th WR. Everything else looks solid. I would rather see a CB in the 2nd or 3rd to go with the DL. I don't really care for Kikaha and his two ACL surgeries anyway.

A kid I wouldn't mind us bringing in as a the last pick in the 7th or an UDFA is Levi Norwood. He needs work as a WR but is a PR/KR guy from Baylor.

I like what you have hit all the spots I think needed to be hit except that CB spot. I really think we have to address that in this years draft. I like Diggs and he has PR/KR experience as well. I don't see him as anything more than a slot guy.

I really enjoy this draft! I especially like us getting Rob Havenstein in the 4th round, I think this guy would be our right tackle of the future. Wisconsin is usually really good about putting really good offensive lineman in the draft. I also really hope Landon Collins falls to us. I know a lot of people disagree, but Collins is a better cover then people give him credit for and he is an enforcer someone who can give us some attitude on the backend. Make receivers think twice about going across the middle. He can also help against the run.. Which is our Achilles heel. Collins is everything we hoped Landry would be but better.