Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So happy

riftastic28

I'm seriously full of joy and so excited to see this team come together an win it all .. I always wanted the colts to have that big strong defense with there excellent offense .. I wonder man if we had a defense ? How good would we be .. Aside from freeney an Mathis getting sacks are defense was never that great .. We were always missing that one element .. I'm pumped because where stacked and there's still FA and the draft .. Can't wait for the season to start ...

Defense needs some more attention than just Langford and Cole. I am glad they were added but I've see very little added to stop the run. With that said free agency is only two days old and one day was spent landing Johnson. I expect the defense to get some love in the days to come. I also think Grigson will go defensive heavy in the draft. He might look to put a young defensive core in place in this draft.

Im excited about these guys not just for what the numbers they might put up but because of the leadership and expirience they bring. Great locker room guys!!! Guys like Werner and Newsome have another great rusher to learn from. Moncrief, Carter, Hilton another one of the best WRs to learn and take things from with Reggie being gone. Gore...a solid durable powerful back. And if we draft a young back this year...Gore, a great guy to learn from. Then Langford who I think alot of people are underestimating becaus he's not a big name guy. But he's a guy that can do his job well! Is he the best at his position? No, but he's Solid and was a big part of that Rams D line untill they got Donald who has quickly turned into one of the best D linemen in the game. And Langford will be a good veteran presence on that front with Redding gone. We gain expirience and proven production in basically all these additions, as well as leadership! We were gonna be very very young if we'd not gotten these guys. Too young basically. All these guys are gonna be very valuable in there own way and help the young guys under them and behind them develop to eventually take their place. There is alot more to these signings then just how the player will produce Stat wise. That's very important but you gotta look at the leadership, expirience and the opportunities that our young guys will have to learn from these guys and further develop. It's gonna help us on into the future after these guys are done with us. Very good stuff so far in my opinion. Awesome!!!