Defense:

Malcolm Brown

Bednarik McKinney

Bud Dupree

Eli Harold

Trae Waynes

Marcus Peters

PJ Williams

Obviously Peters has issues. I'm not as worried about him as DGB because his weren't criminal. Especially the domestic assault part for DGB. If our staff is confident they have turned it around those 2 are very talented that could be worth it. I put Ajayi there but no earlier than the 3rd.

If a high rated OL or DL falls I wouldn't mind that but I was taking in our draft position as a part of this.

I'm wanting DGB bad. I think he'll be a top 5 wide out. He'd also be around good influences with us, so I think he'd grow up and be fine off the field. I like Harold and I'd love to get him in the 2nd. Peters really didn't do much from what I got out of it either. I'd add Perryman to the list on D, mark it down, he will be a beast.

I just noticed Shelton was missing. He's going to be a stud IMO. It would be a great draft if we could get Shelton in the 1st, Perryman in the 2nd, then trade back up for Prewitt at the end of the 2nd or early 3rd. Then get a back like Johnson from Northern Iowa in the 5th.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• You are missing out a rather LARGE piece of the puzzle in your factoring here. We had last season's win numbers with GARDNER FREAKING MINSHEW at QB practically the whole season. Love the guy and what he did for us last season, but he isn't exactly a world beater at the QB position. AR brings such a different dynamic to this offense and teamm, Shane is going to be chomping at the bit to get started this season. The sample size we saw from AR last season was small, but it was definitely encouraging - especially considering we were all expecting him to be much more raw and inaccuarte. He basically red-shirted last year, learning the NFL game and in Steichen's ear the whole time, while learning the playbook inside out.  Our team has fundamentally stayed the same as last season, which damn near won the AFC South with Gardner at QB for the love of god. Now we add AR to that mix, as well as some very interesting additions in Mitchell and Latu who could have very meaningful impacts. The fact that we are so under the radar is almost laughable - AFC South isnt going to know what hit it. 
    • Great points!  I would assume the Irsay’s would conduct the interviews. If Steichen is given more control he would as well or the new GM could decide his fate like Ballard did with Pagano. Several ways it can go and we are a few years away from it even happening so who really knows. I’m hoping none of it matters and the team becomes a true contender and this discussion is merely killing time. 
    • I would say "hire the best who's available for the job". If all the good / great GM candidates are gone, you're stuck hiring someone like Grigson (or maybe someone from this forum).   I often wonder, who's the best candidate to hire for an impossible job? Someone who can make the impossible, possible?
    • I agree.  Hire who’s best for the job.  But that doesn’t mean the guy who is easiest is automatically the wrong choice.  Easiest can also mean best.   It depends on your perspective.  
    • I’m in, can’t believe how fast this year is going. 
  • Members