Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grumblings in Seattle that Carroll did not want Lynch to be MVP

amfootball

I've heard this too. Now this type of thing has happened - Brett Favre is the noteable example, plus other guys like Jeff George have been victims of the coach prefering to score differently as if scoring alone isn't good enough.

But on the last drive of the Superbowl? This is either totally false or the dumbest thing a coach has ever done.

If you watch that last play, Butler read Wilson all the way.

Lynch was OPEN on the other side, Wilson didn't even look his way.

It was like when Porter read Manning in SB 44 and got the interception. 

It was a bad throw, 100%. I don't disagree with the call to pass it, cause you guys keep forgetting that they tried to run it before that and Lynch got stopped. The Patriots did a great job stopping Lynch all day long. 

There is no guarantee whatsoever that Lynch would have got in the endzone. No guarantee. They already stopped him once. 

If Wilson would have turned to his left, he would have seen Lynch open. Instead he eyed the receiver, and Butler read him just like Porter did Manning. it was begging to happen. 

Lynch had gained 4 yards on the previous play to get the ball to the one.

Also he had 24 carries for 100 some odd yards and a 4.3 ypc average and a TD, which came from the 2 or 3 yard line.  Not sure that I'd say NE stopped Lynch that game.