Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we agree now that cold weather SBs are a bad idea?

oldunclemark

Actually when football was invented the season was over in November. So your premise about playing in snow and extremly cold weather is flawed

What's that got to do with where SBs are played in the 21st Century or the state of NFL games in this decade Jvan? Are you applying for Steve Sabol's job chronicling the history of this game through NFL Films? 

Or does it have something to do with Peyton Manning losing the SB this past season in MetLife Stadium in New Jersey in warm weather conditions? There are some fans in this world that actually prefer cold weather SBs. 

Appreciating the George Carlin post...(and I do)..

Football was never meant to be played in January and February..sw...please stop saying that.

Football was never originally played after Thanskgiving at the high school or college level.

Bowl games were originally played in warm weather places

Basketball was originally played outdoors, too..so was hockey...they changed..

The Super Bowl is the showcase. Couldn't have held it in Boston this week.

Why risk blowing up your showcase at great cost...for an outdated notion.

Play in Arizona. Florida and California...Odds are 10,000 to 1 there wont be an earthquake. Its 15-below in the midwest every year

Blizzrds don't scare people away..they cant get there because they cant get out of their driveway.

We're not trying to be fair to Green bay...we're just trying to have title game where everybody can go incomfort all 2 weeks and the city can make some money and celebrate the game

Did I strike a nerve or something? When did I ever claim I was an authority on the history of professional football throughout the decades? I really don't give a darn if you like my cold weather statements or not. SBs are TV entertainment primarily now & no one is being forced to attend the event live in person.

If you prefer to watch your favorite teams inside a building or dome that's perfectly fine OUM, but please realize that not every fan subscribes to that particular mindset.  

"Blizzrds don't scare people away..they cant get there because they cant get out of their driveway." 

Ah, you can watch countless sporting events with satellite TV from the NFL, the NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, MMA, Boxing, Tennis, etc. etc. with premium packages never having to leave your home or even shovel your driveway to travel to a stadium, ring, field, court, ice rink, or track. 

Actually, SB selection site committee members are being unfair to smaller market teams in 1 regard: Citizens in GB might not be able to have the population resources to generate revenue say for dome additions & their local state legislature might be in a budget shortfall meaning that the funds to improve Lambeau Field would never be approved. So if a stadium can't expand or improve & never be awarded a SB bid based on dome enclosure that is a form of discrimination through denial/unfairness. 

Honestly, I will admit that that GB could never handle all the reporters, players, coaches, & camera men with food & lodging so it's a moot point planning wise. I will admit that. 

What's that got to do with where SBs are played in the 21st Century or the state of NFL games in this decade Jvan? Are you applying for Steve Sabol's job chronicling the history of this game through NFL Films? 

Or does it have something to do with Peyton Manning losing the SB this past season in MetLife Stadium in New Jersey in warm weather conditions? There are some fans in this world that actually prefer cold weather SBs. 

Look, you are free to disagree with me on your personal preference for warm weather SB locations Jvan, but just because some fans dislike the notion of playing football games in chilly weather it doesn't make my preference flawed. Again, no fan is being coerced to attend any sporting event & if the athletes on a professional football team are good at what they do for a living they will adapt to their surroundings & environment accordingly. 

Some fans are just too soft with thin blood in their veins with no stamina for climatic adversity at all. 

it has to do with your premise that football was meant to be played in the elements. The elements the game was intended to be played in wasn't snow and extreme cold. If they were the season would start in November not September

The Superbowl should be a reward to anyone that goes whether it's a player, coach or fan. I would think most people would prefer it to played in a warm weather location, I know I would. Who the hell choses a vacation in Minnesota as opposed to Hawaii?

Nobody.....and as much as I'd love another Super Bowl in Indianapolis..

our Super Bowl, Sunday forecast up here in NW Indiana? 10 inches of snow..20-30 MPH wins..I've got my boots and shovel ready

Did I strike a nerve or something? When did I ever claim I was an authority on the history of professional football throughout the decades? I really don't give a darn if you like my cold weather statements or not. SBs are TV entertainment primarily now & no one is being forced to attend the event live in person.

If you prefer to watch your favorite teams inside a building or dome that's perfectly fine OUM, but please realize that not every fan subscribes to that particular mindset.  

"Blizzrds don't scare people away..they cant get there because they cant get out of their driveway." 

Ah, you can watch countless sporting events with satellite TV from the NFL, the NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, MMA, Boxing, Tennis, etc. etc. with premium packages never having to leave your home or even shovel your driveway to travel to a stadium, ring, field, court, ice rink, or track. 

Actually, SB selection site committee members are being unfair to smaller market teams in 1 regard: Citizens in GB might not be able to have the population resources to generate revenue say for dome additions & their local state legislature might be in a budget shortfall meaning that the funds to improve Lambeau Field would never be approved. So if a stadium can't expand or improve & never be awarded a SB bid based on dome enclosure that is a form of discrimination through denial/unfairness. 

Honestly, I will admit that that GB could never handle all the reporters, players, coaches, & camera men with food & lodging so it's a moot point planning wise. I will admit that.

You have right to your own opinion...everybody does.

This is not a high moral issue....I just debate the point here......don't take it personally

I just hear that football was meant to be played in bad (by my definition..snow and sub freezing) weather

and it simply wasnt,...that's not true

I think a Super Bowl in Green Bay would be classic....and they'd work out those problems you just mentioned.

The only reason not to have a SB in Green bay is the weather....and that's fair

I don't think every franchise deserves a Super Bowl. The Bears don't. Cold weather, bad stadium.

And the site of the game is not about us viewers..Its about the comfort of the people there.

I want Katy Perry in a skimpy outfit..not a parka