Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Houston 22 sacks for the season

LordHelpOurColts

He had a great year, but today's sacks were over the top of a rookie center with his first start, a rookie right guard with his first start and third string rt.  He lucked into this one to finish his season with such great numbers.  We gave up 7 sacks, geesh...  

Says the disgruntled Chargers fan. Stop whining.

Says the disgruntled Chargers fan. Stop whining.

It was a comment more about our o-line than him.  Not whining, those that know me know I never whine.  It's flat out the truth.  He lucked into the 22 sacks, if he played a team with a better line (virtually anyone) he wouldn't likely have gotten them.  I'm not taking anything away from how hard he played, it was just a cake walk because we stunk.  

It was a comment more about our o-line than him.  Not whining, those that know me know I never whine.  It's flat out the truth.  He lucked into the 22 sacks, if he played a team with a better line (virtually anyone) he wouldn't likely have gotten them.  I'm not taking anything away from how hard he played, it was just a cake walk because we stunk.  

Four sacks in one game might suggest a little good fortune, but it's nothing to sneeze at, either way. I don't think the Chargers have given up four sacks to any other player this season. Just played against Aldon Smith last week, and he didn't have any sacks. Von Miller and Demarcus Ware combined for zero sacks two weeks ago. Houston just kind of had their number today, and deserves credit for a huge game.

He had another 3+ sack game against the Rams earlier this year (two half sacks). So I wouldn't say he lucked into anything. Kind of undermines how good he is.

He didn't "luck" into anything. He's a great player. Quit trying to denigrate what he did. It's disgusting and pathetic.

It was a comment more about our o-line than him. Not whining, those that know me know I never whine. It's flat out the truth. He lucked into the 22 sacks, if he played a team with a better line (virtually anyone) he wouldn't likely have gotten them. I'm not taking anything away from how hard he played, it was just a cake walk because we stunk.

"I'm not taking anything away"

"We Stunk" "He lucked into the 22 sacks"

Hmmmm. One of these things is not like the other.

Their defense came up huge today, as I expected it would. They have their moments, especially when everyone thinks the Chiefs are done.

In other words, Chase Daniel should be a starter. So much for that thread about how San Diego automatically won the game before it started.

Chargers proving yet again for another season they are the most overrated team in the AFC.

K.C. should have made the playoffs.