Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alex Smith Out Against Chiefs. Chargers Will Win

krunk

Well... one half to go either in the season or to the playoffs.  I just don't know if we're going to have enough players left to pull it out.  The offensive line is 5th starting center, 3rd starting right guard and now RT is injured.  Willie Smith wasn't getting the job done, Fluker's back out there but at what %?  

2 safeties and 1 db went to the locker room in the first half, fortunately Addae is back. 

Frankly, if we pull it out I just can't imagine us going very deep.  

However, I'll be rooting for my Blue and Gold to the end :-)

Well... one half to go either in the season or to the playoffs.  I just don't know if we're going to have enough players left to pull it out.  The offensive line is 5th starting center, 3rd starting right guard and now RT is injured.  Willie Smith wasn't getting the job done, Fluker's back out there but at what %?  

2 safeties and 1 db went to the locker room in the first half, fortunately Addae is back. 

Frankly, if we pull it out I just can't imagine us going very deep.  

However, I'll be rooting for my Blue and Gold to the end :-)

How is your heart rate the last few weeks :)

I'm not whining about it, but it was a reality.  Very poorly called there in the final quarter.  

In the end, we just flat ran out of play-makers.  We over-performed considering our personnel, which is a tribute to the coaching and veterans that are mentoring the young guys.  We wouldn't have lasted in the playoffs and probably would have seen more injuries.  Probably better that we're out in the long run.  

Our team has to perform when their back ISN'T against the wall and take people out of the game.  Until that starts happening regularly we'll just be one of those teams that tease you with their potential.  *Stop me if you've heard that one before* 

Chargers looked like a powerhouse halfway through the season, and Rivers was an MVP candidate. Quite a tumble, partly due to a bunch of injuries on the offensive line. Critical offseason for Telesco and McCoy...

Thanks and you're right.  Add in injuries to the punter (huge impact) the secondary, out top 3 running backs, top wide out and the main injury to Rivers himself.  He's superman but even he can't play his best with serious injuries.  He never quits trying though.