Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is grass fields the Patriots kryptonite?

sportsworld33

The majority of teams in the NFL still play on grass...

Teams that play on grass...

49ers

Raiders

Chargers

Cardinals

Broncos

Chiefs

Packers

Bears

Browns

Bengals

Titans

Texans

Steelers

Eagles

Redskins

Panthers

Jaguars

Bucs

Dolphins

Turf...

Patriots

Bills

Jets

Giants

Ravens

Falcons

Saints

Lions

Vikings

Colts

Rams

Cowboys

Seahawks

Watch closely Thursday night WORLD..

Its hard to call what the Bears play on grass..

Cows wouldn't touch that mess

How do you know this?  That's just an assumption on your part.

I believe the Pats' defensive game plan was as good an execution as you can get against GB in GB to hold the Packers to 26 points and only 3 points in the 2nd half.  Most of the game the coverage was pretty tight.  The Pats problem as of now is their D-Line.

Their offensive game plan I thought was too conservative and left a lot off the field.

1.)  They used Bolden instead of Blount or Gray in some running situations.

2.)  They abandoned the run game and didn't stay committed to it.

3.)  Where was Wright?

4.)  Where was Tyms?

5.)  Why put Dobson out there instead of Tyms at WR?

And once Edelman had to leave the game for a few snaps with an injury and put Dobson in the game and he leaves with an injury it showed how thin at WR the Pats are.

"IF" the Pats truly wanted to throw everything they had at the Packers on offense, they would have had Blount and Gray both in and out of the game taking turns pounding the ball.  They'd have Wright at TE opposite of Gronk and get Wright in the game.  They'd have Tyms going down field.  It just seemed there were missing pieces on offense that were kept out of the game.

BB and Brady came away from that game knowing exactly what went wrong and how to correct it.  The loss was on the O for sure. Assumption no...it's from a source that you and I couldn't ever hope the comprehend football on his level.  

The plan wasn't to pressure the QB.  Not according to former Patriots players like Troy Brown or even Rodgers himself who witnessed it himself.

Jones will do much better in a true 4-3 since he's a true 4-3 DE edge rusher.  He's not an outside LB like Seymour.  Jones in a 3-4 scheme is used as an OLB.

With regards to what you posted about Wilfork, that's about the past, he was great 4 years ago.  Not anymore.  He's lost two steps.

And I rather have younger taller faster DT's in the middle instead of an aging slow NT.  And the best defenses this year at stopping the run AND sacking the QB are 4-3 D's like the Seahawks.

So far the seahawks are 28th in run D and 27th in sacks.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=SACKS&season=2014&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

The majority of teams in the NFL still play on grass...

Teams that play on grass...

49ers

Raiders

Chargers

Cardinals

Broncos

Chiefs

Packers

Bears

Browns

Bengals

Titans

Texans

Steelers

Eagles

Redskins

Panthers

Jaguars

Bucs

Dolphins

Turf...

Patriots

Bills

Jets

Giants

Ravens

Falcons

Saints

Lions

Vikings

Colts

Rams

Cowboys

Seahawks

IT should be noted most of those grass fields are hybids and some are not grass at all only 7 teams play on true grass fields .

BB and Brady came away from that game knowing exactly what went wrong and how to correct it.  The loss was on the O for sure. Assumption no...it's from a source that you and I couldn't ever hope the comprehend football on his level.  

"BB and Brady came away from that game knowing exactly what went wrong and how to correct it."

And you know this how?  You act like you're a member of the Pats organization coaching staff in on the meetings.  Can you share with us the specific game plan against the Chargers?

And in the bold letters above....you're coming across more and more like Gerry Callahan.  He'd use to say that nonsense on NESN often.

I'm a farmer :)

Cows are actually very picky about their grass. Goats and Hogs not so much lol!

Sorry...BC..I should have checked with the 'cow desk' before issuing such a frivolous comment..

....the grass at Soldier Field is largely green paint because..its hard to keep stuff growing there late in the year..

(You are surely rIght...I've seen cows knock down fences to get at better grass.)

There are so few grass fields left but Lambeau was in great shape for the game given it was end of Nov. The bigger issue for the Pats was Rodgers and a game plan that did not include much running for some reason despite the Pack being ranked 30th against the run.

Thats not true, 2/3rds of the stadiums have grass in them and the Pats have astro turf. so chances are when they go on the road, its very likely that the opponent will have a grass field.. and since most losses are on the road, it would make sense that his "grass" record wouldn't be that good.

It has nothing to do with their ability to play on grass

He's not an outside LB like Seymour. 

Richard Seymour was not an outside LB... he was a 315 or so lb 3-4 defensive end that played in a 2-gap system.  In the Pats dynasty run, their defensive line was all 1st round draft picks that weighed 300+ lbs and could completely dominate the line of scrimmage.

"BB and Brady came away from that game knowing exactly what went wrong and how to correct it."

And you know this how?  You act like you're a member of the Pats organization coaching staff in on the meetings.  Can you share with us the specific game plan against the Chargers?

And in the bold letters above....you're coming across more and more like Gerry Callahan.  He'd use to say that nonsense on NESN often.

Not a complete swing and miss on the how I know part. I call it a foul tip. You nicked it.

As far as the Callahan comment...your view would have validity if Gerry wasn't right about the Patriots 99% of the time. 

Not a complete swing and miss on the how I know part. I call it a foul tip. You nicked it.

As far as the Callahan comment...your view would have validity if Gerry wasn't right about the Patriots 99% of the time. 

Again, I haven't listened to the two schmucks (D&C) in over 2 years so I don't know Gerry's views on the Pats have been lately.  But when I did listen to them years ago Gerry's predictions were below .500 and he never blamed Brady for anything.   That's because one of the few only media outlets Brady would give himself to was the D&C show so they had to sniff his jock strap to keep him on the show.

But what person with any self respect would listen to those as% hats?  lol

Howard Stern Ripping on Dennis & Callahan from WEEI...

Opie & Anthony destroys Dennis & Callahan...

Again, I haven't listened to the two schmucks (D&C) in over 2 years so I don't know Gerry's views on the Pats have been lately.  But when I did listen to them years ago Gerry's predictions were below .500 and he never blamed Brady for anything.   That's because one of the few only media outlets Brady would give himself to was the D&C show so they had to sniff his jock strap to keep him on the show.

But what person with any self respect would listen to those as% hats?  lol

How could his predictions be below .500? He's a Patriots homer for sure and you do understand that the Patriots have had the best winning percentage in NFL history over the last 15 seasons right? D & C is the #1 rated sports radio show in the country. It has nothing to do with either of us and if you don't like them I am 100 percent cool with that.

Actually Callahan put the GB loss on Brady. In person to boot.