Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My "Way Too Early" Mock Draft

I'm assuming we're picking late in each round.

1. Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami - Freeman is in his contract year and Jackson hasn't exactly impressed Colt nation. Time to at least consider some younger, fresher legs. Perryman is somewhat in the mold of the emerging Chris Borland in that both play the ILB position lacking in length. Borland has broke out well this year for San Fransisco, and Perryman has a higher ceiling than Borland. He looks good on tape and seems NFL ready.

2. A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina - The interior offensive line is better than it was last year, but it is still  a weak link and holding back this offense. Cann looks pretty NFL ready and has done a good job blocking for Mike Davis.

3. Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise St. - Basically this is a replacement for Ahmad Bradshaw. If Herron can prove his worth over the remainder of the season, Ajayi can join in a "three headed monster" rotation with him and T-Rich. 

4. Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford - A 3-4 DE who should be a solid project for us with a high chance of being a contributor for years to come.

5. Kevin White, CB, TCU - His main deficit is his size, but after seeing him play well against standout 6-3 WR Kevin White, CB Kevin White deserves NFL consideration.

6. Mike Orakpo, OLB, Texas St. - An absolutely tremendous athlete with injury problems killing his draft stock. He's got high upside, and is the brother of Brian Orakpo. 

6. Dallas Lewallen, C, Wisconsen - If a UDFA rookie can take over the starting job at C for this team, why not take a flyer on a 3rd day center? Melvin Gordon has certainly had success running behind him.

7. Isaiah Johnson, S, Georgia Tech - A safety that's got some size and athleticism but a bit of an injury history. Could be a nice project player.

I think I would much rather have a CB higher in next year's draft vs. an ILB although we could always use someone to help shore up the run game on defense.  I think we'd be better off drafting an OT vs. an OG as well because we have a few folks that can fill in as guard fairly well.  I'm not opposed to us getting an OG, but I think it's a lesser priority over fixing our defensive "back end" which looks just awful anytime Davis leaves the lineup.  I really want us to take a safety in the 4-6 round range.  Running backs can be had pretty much anywhere...even UDFA...you just gotta have good scouting.