Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos LB Trevethan to miss 6-8 week

oldunclemark

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nflfan014

Manning fans have so many excuses for him.  He wasn't injured in Foxboro, he just couldn't handle the elements, and that's why Belichick deferred in overtime knowing he wouldn't be able to put up 3, much less 7.  Brady completely outplayed him and didn't have any problems with the conditions.  He won AFC offensive player of the week that week too.  But let me guess, Peyton was injured lol.

It is just amazing sometimes. 

Gronkowski is hurt - It's understandable that Brady looks so terrible because Gronkowski is hurt. 

Manning is hurt - Play through the pain!  Brady is much better!  Brady didn't have any problem with the conditions.

(Maybe that might have something to do with NOT TRYING TO THROW WITH A HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN ON HIS PLANT FOOT?)

Guest nflfan014

You Manning fans realize it doesn't make you any less of a fan to admit he isn't perfect and makes mistakes?  I've never once in my life heard a Peyton fan criticize him.

You Manning fans realize it doesn't make you any less of a fan to admit he isn't perfect and makes mistakes?  I've never once in my life heard a Peyton fan criticize him.

......and Danny Trevethan really did have a breakout season last year.

A young guy named Brandon Marshall (no, not that one) replaces him today against SF

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 19, 2014 - unnecessary
Hidden by Nadine, August 19, 2014 - unnecessary

......and Danny Trevethan really did have a breakout season last year.A young guy named Brandon Marshall (no, not that one) replaces him today against SF

Now that's how you respond to a thread hijacking troll

Guest nflfan014

Neither of you answered my question about why Brady managed to win offensive player of the week in the same conditions.  Doesn't surprise me. 

Oh ok. It's not the cold anymore. It's just the wind.

We are making progress.

Shane my man you saw the game, right? Asking an honest question here. To suggest that the weather didn't bother Manning and adversely impact him indicates to me that you maybe didn't get to watch it. 

The wind was a HUGE factor, for both teams. Huge.

Don't forget, the Patriots won the coin toss in OT and elected to kick so they could have the wind at their backs. I can't say I've ever seen that happen... a team wins the toss in OT and elects to kick? 

And considering just a few years prior, Belichick went for it on the famous 4th-and-2 play because he knew giving Manning the ball back would be the end. So you know he has an enormous amount of respect for him. It was just that on this particular night, the elements were a huge factor, and because of his medical situation, Manning had a harder time with the wind than Brady. Otherwise, Belichick never would have let him take the ball first. You know that. 

It's not a knock on Manning. It's what happened. He's obviously still a brilliant QB, but he's just lost some arm strength. As a 42-year-old guy I can relate! 

Guest nflfan014

How did the two compare in the AFCCG?

Manning had the better team that day.  Switch teams and Denver still wins.

It's no knock on Manning that he needs ideal weather conditions to be effective and ideal conditions in general (Rule changes etc.)

Manning had the better team that day. Switch teams and Denver still wins.

It's no knock on Manning that he needs ideal weather conditions to be effective and ideal conditions in general (Rule changes etc.)

So he is better than everyone else in perfect conditions Got it

Also, please direct me to a new rule that has been put in place in the last ten years that only effects Manning. Thanks in advance

Guest nflfan014

So he is better than everyone else in perfect conditions Got it

Also, please direct me to a new rule that has been put in place in the last ten years that only effects Manning. Thanks in advance

Polian and Dungy whining to the league after the 2003 Title Game and getting new passing rules or "emphasis", then losing to the Pats twice anyway including the playoffs.  Football hasn't been the same since and it's essentially been fantasy football.  Yes, I realize all QB stats have went up, but to many people, it's ruined the game.  Now he loses to the Seahawks in the SB and they throw even more flags this year - which even Colts fans are ironically complaining about - and the game is as slow as baseball.

Manning's the league's poster boy and they'll do anything to get him a second ring.  Problem is, he doesn't get the memo and blows it every year anyway unless he's playing Rex Grossman.

Polian and Dungy whining to the league after the 2003 Title Game and getting new passing rules or "emphasis", then losing to the Pats twice anyway including the playoffs. Football hasn't been the same since and it's essentially been fantasy football. Yes, I realize all QB stats have went up, but to many people, it's ruined the game. Now he loses to the Seahawks in the SB and they throw even more flags this year - which even Colts fans are ironically complaining about - and the game is as slow as baseball.

Manning's the league's poster boy and they'll do anything to get him a second ring. Problem is, he doesn't get the memo and blows it every year anyway unless he's playing Rex Grossman.

Heres a secret. Those rules were in place before peyton ever played a down in the NFL. Do a little research.

This crazy conspiracy theory about trying to get peyton another ring is absurd. You realize rules adherence and adding to those rules is done by the competition committee then voted on by every owner in the game. There isn't a secret layer in the mountains somewhere where these rules mysteriously appear. So basically everything you just posted is complete nonsense.

Guest nflfan014

Here's a secret: Peyton Manning is human.  He's a great QB, but he isn't perfect and makes mistakes on and off the field.  In college, he never won the big one and also tea-bagged an innocent nurse and had to pay her off.  Look it up.

It's one thing to be a fan of someone and another thing to defend him like you're defending your own child.

Here's a secret: Peyton Manning is human. He's a great QB, but he isn't perfect and makes mistakes on and off the field. In college, he never won the big one and also tea-bagged an innocent nurse and had to pay her off. Look it up.

It's one thing to be a fan of someone and another thing to defend him like you're defending your own child.

I haven't said a word about his play one way or the other. Just pointing out how you are wrong. Which isn't hard

Guest nflfan014

I've never heard anyone, including yourself, criticize him once or not hurry to defend him if he's being criticized.  Call it what you want if you want to play the semantics game, Polian and Dungy complained to the league to get rules "emphasized" after they lost to the Pats.  The league hasn't been the same since, and even Colts fans are sick of it now and complaining about it.  The new rule change or emphasis this year is directly based on the league not liking what they saw with their poster boy losing the SB.

I've never heard anyone, including yourself, criticize him once or not hurry to defend him if he's being criticized. Call it what you want if you want to play the semantics game, Polian and Dungy complained to the league to get rules "emphasized" after they lost to the Pats. The league hasn't been the same since, and even Colts fans are sick of it now and complaining about it. The new rule change or emphasis this year is directly based on the league not liking what they saw with their poster boy losing the SB.

Yeah, none of that is accurate. The league as a whole votes on things of this nature. So... wrong again

Guest nflfan014

Yes...I didn't say they solely changed the rules because of Peyton, but Polian and Dungy (as well as Jeff Fisher) were the main people on the competition committee to want a rule "emphasis" after losing to the Patriots in the playoffs.  Of course, the rules benefit all offenses and everyone's stats went up, but it changed the way the game was played and IMO for the worse.  I like a more physical brand of football.

Yes...I didn't say they solely changed the rules because of Peyton, but Polian and Dungy (as well as Jeff Fisher) were the main people on the competition committee to want a rule "emphasis" after losing to the Patriots in the playoffs. Of course, the rules benefit all offenses and everyone's stats went up, but it changed the way the game was played and IMO for the worse. I like a more physical brand of football.

You can thank the concussion lawsuits for the league dialing back some things.

The illegal contact rule was in the book for years before 03. The fact that Jeff Fisher, a defensive coach, wanted it to start being called should tell you something.

Shane my man you saw the game, right? Asking an honest question here. To suggest that the weather didn't bother Manning and adversely impact him indicates to me that you maybe didn't get to watch it. 

Don't forget, the Patriots won the coin toss in OT and elected to kick so they could have the wind at their backs. I can't say I've ever seen that happen... a team wins the toss in OT and elects to kick? 

And considering just a few years prior, Belichick went for it on the famous 4th-and-2 play because he knew giving Manning the ball back would be the end. So you know he has an enormous amount of respect for him. It was just that on this particular night, the elements were a huge factor, and because of his medical situation, Manning had a harder time with the wind than Brady. Otherwise, Belichick never would have let him take the ball first. You know that. 

It's not a knock on Manning. It's what happened. He's obviously still a brilliant QB, but he's just lost some arm strength. As a 42-year-old guy I can relate! 

We are on the same page.

Its the wind is what i said, that applies to any QB.

I did watch the game, i also watched the game tying TD against the wind.  :thmup:

Manning had the better team that day.  Switch teams and Denver still wins.

It's no knock on Manning that he needs ideal weather conditions to be effective and ideal conditions in general (Rule changes etc.)

Better than help from the refs ( Tuck rule ) to win.

And do you want me to get started with other help your team created for itself?.

We just closed a thread.

Guest nflfan014
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 19, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, August 19, 2014 - personal shot

Better than help from the refs ( Tuck rule ) to win.

And do you want me to get started with other help your team created for itself?.

We just closed a thread.

No thanks, there's no point arguing with you, you like Manning even more than I like women.

Guest nflfan014

First logical statement made by you  :thmup: .

I think you misunderstood me.  You REALLY like Peyton and he's a guy.  Also seem to like Eli too.

I think you misunderstood me.  You REALLY like Peyton and he's a guy.  Also seem to like Eli too.

LOL, there are a lot of people who like Peyton and yes thanks for confirming about his gender.

Is this how you discuss a topic?. Running away from it?.

Guest nflfan014

I don't discuss the Spygate stuff.  I can see why Pats haters would be into it.  I mean if the Yankees had got caught in something like that back in the day, I probably would have been all over it, but I'm concerned about the 2014 season, and last time I checked, the Pats weren't accused of anything since the beginning of the 2007 season. 

I also think when people like to imply that they haven't won anything since then, it's ridiculous given that their winning percentage is higher since 2007 and they've been to two SBs.  The reason they won those 3 SBs is because they were much better than the rest of the league.  Players left the team and get old, and the league caught up to them.  Simple as that.

I'll discuss football, but I won't discuss that stuff.

I know other Pats fans on here get really into the Spygate stuff, but it doesn't interest me, and it wouldn't interest you if it were any other team except the Patriots, and that's all I'm going to say about it.

I also think for whatever reason, Manning struggles at times in inclement weather, especially in Foxboro.  Doesn't mean he isn't a great QB.  Just means he's human and he also played mostly in domes and great weather all those years in the AFC South so he isn't used to it.

We are on the same page.

Its the wind is what i said, that applies to any QB.

I did watch the game, i also watched the game tying TD against the wind.  :thmup:

He made some throws on that drive for sure. I was watching a highlight clip from that game yesterday... kind of forgot that the Patriots basically fumbled the ball away to a 21-point deficit. First Ridley, then Blount, then Brady. Sloppy as it gets in that first quarter. 

I don't discuss the Spygate stuff.  I can see why Pats haters would be into it.  I mean if the Yankees had got caught in something like that back in the day, I probably would have been all over it, but I'm concerned about the 2014 season, and last time I checked, the Pats weren't accused of anything since the beginning of the 2007 season. 

I also think when people like to imply that they haven't won anything since then, it's ridiculous given that their winning percentage is higher since 2007 and they've been to two SBs.  The reason they won those 3 SBs is because they were much better than the rest of the league.  Players left the team and get old, and the league caught up to them.  Simple as that.

I'll discuss football, but I won't discuss that stuff.

I know other Pats fans on here get really into the Spygate stuff, but it doesn't interest me, and it wouldn't interest you if it were any other team except the Patriots, and that's all I'm going to say about it.

I also think for whatever reason, Manning struggles at times in inclement weather, especially in Foxboro.  Doesn't mean he isn't a great QB.  Just means he's human and he also played mostly in domes and great weather all those years in the AFC South so he isn't used to it.

This is a great take, props to you. I'm much more easily sucked into it but am envious of your approach! 

Not sure if you heard Belichick's interview on WEEI the next day after the game but they asked him why Brady plays so well in bad weather conditions and he said what makes Tom's throws so good in such intense wind is how tight his spiral is. He said it has little to do with arm strength and more to do with the tight spiral as that is what cuts through the wind and allows the ball to be accurate. This would help to explain why Manning struggled in Foxboro even prior to his neck surgeries. He has never had the consistent spiral. And it becomes even more pronounced in bad weather conditions.

Not sure if you heard Belichick's interview on WEEI the next day after the game but they asked him why Brady plays so well in bad weather conditions and he said what makes Tom's throws so good in such intense wind is how tight his spiral is. He said it has little to do with arm strength and more to do with the tight spiral as that is what cuts through the wind and allows the ball to be accurate. This would help to explain why Manning struggled in Foxboro even prior to his neck surgeries. He has never had the consistent spiral. And it becomes even more pronounced in bad weather conditions.

Make sense with wind and lack of spiral.

It also makes sense why Manning is much better with sunny weather. I am sure accuracy has nothing to do with it, does it?.