Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MacAfee's Contract Info

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I understand his frustration, but unfortunately this isnt the same oline that was dominate in their heyday 
    • I agree with you.  Now is not the time for doing anything that could potentially cause injury.
    • I'm gonna defend @CR91 on this one.   The Colts offensive line has the potential to be a top-5 line.  If everyone plays to their potential.  Their tippy-top. However... Ryan Kelly has already seen his best years.  He's still a stout, capable center.  But let's not fool ourselves.  His trajectory is down, not up.  Nothing wrong with it.  It's just the natural curve of a player who has been in the league this long. Nelson isn't quite the world beater that he started out as.  Yes, he could regain that level of play.  And I hope he does!  But until he does, his level is good-but-not-great.  If we're being honest. Raimann made great strides.  And there's still room for him to improve!  However, my assessment is his ceiling is Anthony Costanzo:  Solid and reliable, without ever making a pro bowl. Will Fries has yet to prove to me that he is truly starter material.  He's the best of what we have at RG, for the moment.  And we just drafted a couple of guys who could challenge him for a starting role -- this year. I love Smith.  He's done everything we asked him to do.  Except stay healthy.   If everything works out, and the line plays to their top potential, they'll be a top OL in the league.  But if we're talking about predictions rather than potential, I see them at the upper end of middle.  Nothing to be unhappy about!  Especially after the debacle '22 season.  But I'm ok with predicting them to be "average".
    • They are trash compared to their peers at the NFL level that are also starters at their position. I thought this was obvious. Not sure why you are comparing them to me. Just like I mention with Ballard, they are not competing against me or any "fan", they are compared to other starting TEs at the NFL level. Most of which are better than them. I don't sugercoat things. Any of our TE's would be considered a bottom 5 TE starter in the NFL. That's just a fact. Every team is weak at certain positions. One of our weaknesses is TE, and yes, they are trash relative to the other starting TEs in the NFL.
  • Members

• NFLfan

NFLfan 17,551

Moderators
    • NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,565

• ColtStrong2013

ColtStrong2013 3,571

• Jason_

Jason_ 2,312

• Kc77

Kc77 11