Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Exclusive: Incognito’s Team Reveals Texts With Jonathan Martin [Merge]

Dustin

I guess it's possible that Martin never felt comfortable doing it, and that he was putting up a false front that he couldn't sustain any longer,

I think its possible he never would have talked this way prior to joining an NFL locker room. He might have been forced/hazed into behaving in a way that was new to him, and finally broke under the pressure and realized it. Maybe he tried to cut off Incognito, and thats when things went ugly? Or realized he should have never been forced to talk this way. We need to see texts from when they first met. Could have been when he was bullied into using this language.

Sounds like how guys talk in a frat or other all-male environment.  In college we said some racist % to my black friend, but it was all in good fun and he understood that.  Out of context it may have sounded terrible, but he understood that there wasn't a racist bone in my body.  It was just a tongue-in-cheek way of making fun of people who actually believe those types of things. 

Maybe Jon Martin didn't take it that way, or maybe he just snapped and had a breakdown.  But either way it sounded like they were friends.  Friends don't do other friends like that.  If he had a problem he should have gone to Incognito directly and I would bet he would have stopped.   

Man, maybe should I be all over the news for my texts too.

What a joke, and I'm really not surprised. This Martin guy really is a wuss (I want to say another word) and is looking for the easy way out. This whole thing is a joke, and I've lost all respect and credibility for this * Martin.