Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The next 3 games

Flash7

I hear what you are saying. Of course we always want the Colts to win. But us winning doesn't do us any more good. We're already in the playoffs. We've already won the division. However, losing would give us better draft positioning, and our competitors worse draft positioning. I don't want us to lose on purpose, but let's take our starters out in the third so they don't get hurt. And if we lose, then we lose.

This is a competition at all levels, not just the playing field. I choose to think outside the box.

...Winning doesn't do us any good if you assume we cant advance in the playoffs this season...

we all know historically that pulling your starters late in the season...signals the end of your season when you need them.

....We cant get a high draft choice with 8 wins...and 5 or 6 spots in the middle of the second round (we don't have a first pick this year) are meaningless if we're thinking seriously.

Pulling your starters and being uncaring about losing sends a young team a message that you're giving up and willing to give up if the price is right. Plus its throwing the game.....people pay to see you.

...Its kinda irrelevant..we have so many young players who start. We don't need to pull our starters to play young guys.

..and many of our backups aren't guys we're banking on long term